St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location: East Coast Canada
JOB SUMMARY: Handle drilling tools and tubular on the rig floor for the purpose of making up/breaking down drill sting, riser and other drilling systems. Assist the Driller in all operations on the rig floor. Actively promote Company Core Values
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education
- 2+ years experience as a Floorhand during deepwater offshore drilling operations
- 2+ years experience on 6th generation dual activity, cyber based semi submersible rig
- Experience with MH Drillview or similar drilling control systems
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Must have Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, Marine Advanced First Aid, WHMIS 2015, Fall Protection and Confined Space Entry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate tongs, wrenches and other equipment required for making up or breaking out tubular; perform other tasks necessary to drill a well
- Use manual and automated means to move, position, lift, pull, push, remove and install tubular and other equipment as needed to perform the operation
- Manually set and remove slips form the rotary bore and around tubular as required
- Wash down rig floor areas using high-pressure water, steam, air, solvents, and cleaning chemicals as required
- Actively participate in pre-tour meeting with the drilling crew for all non-routine drilling operations and safety matters
- Ensure that all loads leaving the rig floor with the crane are slung properly and have tag lines attached
- Signal Crane Operator in bringing equipment to and from the rig floor in a safe and effective manner
- Grease, lubricate, and perform minor repairs to rig floor equipment and inspect machinery that is directly related to the drilling operation
- Change tong and slip dies using hand tools and personal protective equipment and ensure that tools and equipment are in safe operation condition
- Clean and service drilling subs and equipment before removing from rig floor
- Carry out regular painting to maintain rig floor equipment; Prepare metal surface for paint using scrapers, portable air operated tools, wire brushes, etc.
- Assist in maintaining the shale shakers in optimum operating condition and perform any required maintenance or minor repairs
- Perform daily inspection and preventative maintenance on derrick structure while using safe operation procedures and proper personal protective equipment
- Assist the Derrickhand in mud mixing operations and in checking the properties of drilling fluid
- Assist with deck operations when required
- Assist in nippling up or down the Blow Out Preventer (BOP) stack and in running and retrieving risers and BOP
- Relieve Derrickhand on shale shaker duty and RAM rig if required
- Follow and actively participate in all company policies regarding safety
- Inspect all safety equipment on the rig floor prior to use
- Maintain housekeeping on the rig floor to a suitable standard
- Ensure all Company policies and procedures are adhered to while carrying out assigned duties
- Report any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situation to the Driller or Assistant Driller
- Actively participate in weekly safety meetings and pre- tour meeting as required
- Actively participate in drilling operations safely drills as a when required
- Meets the training requirements as per the applicable training matrix
- Participate in the annual performance appraisal process
It is the objective of the Company and Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Please send along your resume to email@example.com