Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position will be based in Prudhoe Bay with travel requirement to other facilities, all in Alaska. Work schedule is 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, daily shifts of 12 hours. Travel to other locations outside the US are not usual but possible. We are looking for a highly motivated individual, ideally residing in Alaska, to join our team.
Successful IT Onsite Support Analysts are adaptable, show initiative, and have good written and verbal communication skills. They work well in teams and are curious and willing to learn new skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- IT infrastructure support to end users
- Support to computers, printers, servers, networking, wellsite connectivity and other IT infrastructure items and services
- Support other Central IT Teams in deploying new products, services and systems
- Implement IT projects, as per specifications, interfacing with the several involved parties and teams as needed
- Provide IT consulting services (listen, understand, and interpret customer requirements) and propose solutions to enable/optimize business operations
- Provide IT training to end users (individuals and large groups) and other IT Teams
- Interface with vendors and third parties to troubleshoot and address situations impacting our IT Infrastructure
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have Degree in Computer Science/ IT
- 5+ years' experience in troubleshooting and direct end-user support
- Proof knowledge in Networking, Microsoft Operating System and Office 365 applications
- Microsoft and Cisco certifications are desirable and a key differentiator
- Experience in IT infrastructure projects
- Good interpersonal communication skills and excellent English communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving abilities, proactive, fast learner, good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours when needed and able to multitask jobs simultaneously
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote locations
- Current Alaska residency preferred
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US/Canada, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.