Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Belle Chasse, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Supply Network Planner located in Belle Chasse (Greater New Orleans), LA Louisiana /United States through October 25, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Chevron Oronite Company LLC is a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, one of the largest energy companies in the world. Chevron Oronite manufactures over 250 different finished additive products in nine facilities around the world, and delivers them to bulk terminals worldwide. Our mission is to empower employees to provide value-added petroleum additive products and business solutions to fuel and lubricant marketers and OEMs worldwide. Chevron Oronite consists of more than 2,000 global team members who are part of one of the world's leading developers, manufacturers and marketers of petroleum additives for lubricant base stocks and fuels.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Develop efficient and cost-effective mid-term (20 months) supply plan, taking into account demand forecast, production/tankage capacity, and shutdowns. The deliverables of the supply plan would be manufacturing/production plan, stock transfer plan between manufacturing sites, and raw material purchase plan using Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO) tool.
- Work with various functions including Sales, Operations, Technical, Procurement, QA, and Supply Chain peers to ensure that mid-term supply plan is executed.
- Develop and support sales, inventory, logistics and production strategies working with Sales, Procurement, Operations, Logistics and Tolling team
- Participate in the Supply Network Planning process.
- Update various reports including planning, BCP, metrics etc.
- Conduct look backs on deviations between actuals vs. plan and rallies support to close the gap in future.
- Develop sourcing strategies to ensure enterprise value using appropriate tools.
- Work closely with the global supply chain and other regions to implement the tactical supply plan.
- Respond to issues from current month that could impact mid-term to ensure supply reliability and minimize impact to customers.
- Manage transitions of products to ensure inventory is managed well. Support the activities of the Global Oronite Organization regarding component change management, product transitions, formulation changes, and new customers/components/products.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or Finance
- Minimum of 3+ years of Supply Chain, APO (Advanced Planning and Optimization), VCO, Refinery Oils Planning, Engineering or Finance experience in refining or chemicals manufacturing
- Experience working in a dynamic and high performance cross functional teams
- Good understanding of basic finance (i.e. fixed and variable costs, inventory costs)
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Demonstrated success using various analytical tools to develop simple, cost effective and robust solution for issues that involves complex data analysis
- Effective communication skills that suits the target audience (APO: Advanced Planning and Optimization and/or Value Chain Optimization)
- Supply Chain mid-term planning experience in chemicals/petrochemicals manufacturing including
- Production and raw materials planning
- Inventory management
- Stock transfer planning
- Transition management
- Asset utilization management
- SAP and APO experience working independently
- Logistics knowledge especially around rail cars, trucks, and ISO containers
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: New Orleans
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.