Spring, Texas, United States
Spring, Texas, United States
Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Client Representative, Regulatory Compliance
Other Skills: Drug & Alcohol testing
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Spring, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The DOT Specialist, internally titled Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist, supports the EHS Department and the Company by ensuring the drug and alcohol process is completed accurately for Strike employees in order to meet regulatory and Client requirements. This position is also responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all drug and alcohol data and for keeping the drug and alcohol program operating effectively. This position requires attention to detail, strong communication skills, a strong sense of self-motivation, ability to work independently and the willingness to maintain confidentiality.
~~Primary Job Function:
• Oversee implementation of the company drug and alcohol program.
• Ensure that employees are in the correct Drug and Alcohol Pools (Pipeline, Driver and Non-DOT) for all Strike companies.
• Administer drug screens for corporate employees and track all company drug and alcohol test results.
• Work with third party administrators to identify and resolve issues related to the drug testing programs.
• Ensuring the implementation of customer specific requirements for drug and alcohol testing are met
• Serve as the point of contact for EHS Specialists, Assistants and business leads on the drug and alcohol program.
• Train and advise collectors on the drug and alcohol program, the collection process and the requirements.
• Identify the appropriate job number and code third party invoices that job #
• Respond to 3rd party audit requests and provide evidence of compliance
• Support implementation of the Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) process
• Entering CCFs ( Custody Control Forms ) into StrikeNet
• Maintain the Drug Testing Results in the NCMS (National Compliance Management System) database including.
• Manage the DrugAlc Inbox to ensure that letter requests, dilute drug screens, Job # & Results log spread sheet, etc. are current.
• Periodically perform administrative duties to maintain accurate data for the Monthly Scorecard including:
• Collecting data and putting together Presentations for Management
• Maintain the EHS page in the company intranet.
• Maintain adequate drug testing supplies and ensure all collectors have proper inventory.
• 3+ years of office experience within an EHS environment preferred
• Knowledge of EHS Insight preferred
• Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint with advanced knowledge of Excel and Word
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Advanced knowledge of excel, word
• Ability to create presentations using power point
• Ability to analyze data gathered from multiple sources
• Data entry
• Understanding of 49 CFR Part 40 (a - e)
• Knowledge to administer Federal/DOT drug tests and non-Federal drug tests
• Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Complies with Strike's policies and procedures
• Complies with Strike's Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment
• Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety
• Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity
• Eligible to work in the United States.
Strike is an equal opportunity employer