The Vessel Administrator responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring the correct execution of all customs activities concerning vessels coming into and leaving from the McDermott private berths.
- Interfacing with all the Vessel Management Team whose departments are involved in vessel activities.
- Completing direct hire and vendor timesheets, having them approved and submitting them timely.
- Make sure that vessels and or supply boats are not delayed by Customs clearance process.
- Preparing and distributing DPR's, POB's, coordinating crew changes etc.
- Administrative duties as requested by Vessel Management
- Educate and train other department personnel concerning Customs documentation and requirements for vessel clearances.
- Create vessel clearance procedure and enforce the same to achieve compliance with Customs regulations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge and experience in the offshore construction industry with at least 5 years' experience in a similar role (Crew Coordination, Logistics and Scheduling)
- High school graduate
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Computer literate, fully conversant with word processing, spreadsheet and email applications
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Valid Offshore Medical
- BOSIET Training or Equivalent (OPITO approved)
- Fluent both in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of DP Vessel operations