Durango, Colorado, United States
Durango, Colorado, United States
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Durango, Colorado, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Project Accountant provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports.
Primary Job Function:
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years of Accounting experience
- Construction or energy services industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft products, particularly Excel.
- Proficiency of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Accuracy, timeliness, problem-solving skills, and ability to work effectively with vendors, employees and managers.
- Analyzes problems and makes sounds decisions.
- Utilizes organizational skills with good attention to detail and emphasis on quality.
- Displays good written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with good interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel and vendors.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Complies with Strike's policies and procedures.
- Complies with Strike's Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Strike is an equal opportunity employer.