Denver, Colorado, United States
Denver, Colorado, United States
Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Cost Engineer, Estimating
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Estimator is responsible for the overall planning and coordinating efforts to produce comprehensive facility and/or pipeline project cost estimates. The Project Estimator will provide data and cost analysis for estimate reviews and presentations.
This role can be located in either Durango or Evans.
Primary Job Function:
- Utilize the company approved costing methodology, data and systems to present estimate results in a detailed breakdown format suitable for use by the project manager and the project team.
- Prepare cost estimates assuring that all necessary costs are detailed and included in the estimate; such as management services, equipment and material costs, construction costs, operating costs, and other costs associated with oil and gas industry projects.
- Attend client pre-bid meeting and job showing, visit the job sites, and keep a record of all verbal information disseminated by the client during the pre-bid meeting and job showing.
- Prepare project cost estimate from the client's RFQ documents and drawings and any other information learned during the pre-bid showing.
- Know and be able to explain the details behind each estimate, including the basis of the man-hours allocated for each task, personnel resources needed to execute each task, etc.
- Maintain meticulous cost estimating tools including databases, spreadsheets, and other computer-based applications to keep up dated information on past performance and industry standards.
- Maintain lines of communications between company departments, project manager and client with regard to cost estimating activities.
- Assist project manager on alternative project execution approaches based on the scope of work and the most cost effective execution methods available.
- Other tasks include preparing process flow diagrams, layout drawings, data sheets and technical job reports
- 3+ years of experience in project cost estimating/project management with an emphasis on facilities and/or pipeline projects.
- Field experience in the construction of pipelines, compressor and pump stations, production facilities, measurement stations, and other upstream oil and gas facilities is desirable.
- Strong computer experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, MS Project, Hard Dollar.
- Must have training in project cost estimating, negotiating contracts and outsourcing logistics.
- Engineering, technical, or construction management degree is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrates flexibility to effectively deal with changing priorities and timelines through analytical problem-solving.
- Proven time management and follow-through skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Works both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Displays superior written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel.
- Physical demands require ability to endure frequent physical activity, work long days and handle outdoor elements including a variety of weather conditions.
- May require travel.
- Complies with Strike's policies and procedures.
- Complies with Strike's Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to work Monday through Friday during regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. This position regularly requires work outside of business hours to meet customer, project and management needs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and be exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as ability to adjust focus.
- Required to visit project sites where he may be required to walk on uneven ground and climb over pipes; and be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions including extreme heat.
Strike is an equal opportunity employer.