The Crane Operator responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Operating Knuckle Boom and AHC Cranes for vessel specific operations.
- Overseeing rigging operations on deck and for lifting purposes and wire/rope inspections
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of alertness and concentration.
- Working knowledge of crane inspection and to be aware of any problems in the crane structure, hoisting assembly or the drive train.
- Operating cranes by way of radio communications or hand signals, if applicable
- Maintaining safe crane operations as per company and manufacturers procedures/guidelines within the crane's capabilities.
- Ensuring that all activities are undertaken in accordance with all safety and quality requirements
- Following all company policies and procedures, an ensuring junior reports do the same.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 7+ years' experience with offshore cranes including AHC and knuckle boom systems
- Must possess equivalent of S3/G5 Offshore Crane Certification
- High school graduate
- Hydraulic Crane Certification including stropping course
- Certification for operation of Manrider winches and crew access cranes, preferred
- Valid Offshore Medical
- BOSIET Training or Equivalent (OPITO approved)
- Fluent both in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of DP Vessel Operations