The Deck or Barge Leadermen responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- The Leaderman will have overall responsibility to direct the activities of workers engaged in operation equipment to lift, move, and place materials, and erect structures.
- Prepare locations where structures are to be placed.
- Direct load-outs of completed structures.
- Establish or adjust work procedures.
- Study production schedule and estimate requirements for assignments.
- Requisition materials and supplies for the department as required.
- Specify and approve rigging for heavy lifts.
- Directs activities of riggers, operators, and tug boats to ensure that anchors are placed in designated positions, using radios.
- Coordinates the activity of the control tower operator and the welding department to move the barge when working.
- Sets up machinery and equipment used in anchor handling, analyzes and resolves work problems
- Confers with deck supervisors to coordinate activities of departments, assists workers engaged in making repairs to vessel.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the offshore construction industry
- Knowledge and experience in Marine and Subsea operations with at least 2 years' experience in a similar role
- High school graduate
- Recognized training in Rigging, Lifting & Slinging and Wire Rope Inspection
- Valid Offshore Medical
- BOSIET Training or Equivalent (OPITO approved)
- Fluent both in spoken and written English