Tasks and Responsibilities of Deck Engineer include (but are not limited to):
- Wearing, inspecting and caring for required personal protective equipment.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance and repair of deck mechanical & hydraulic systems
- Responsible in consultation with the Chief engineer that any changes to systems are documented, logged and approved by the responsible authority
- Maintain and repair all deck mechanical and hydraulic systems on the vessel including cranes, carousels, davits and launch and recovery systems.
- Keep and maintain current vendors' catalogue library of all equipment in area of responsibility
- Ensure through uniform stock & quantity control, that adequate inventory and level of spares is maintained at all times in area of responsibility
- To be familiar with all Company procedures, including the Safety Management System, applicable to his duties
- Responsible for refusing unsafe work and for carrying out all work in accordance with the established safety standards and work practices.
- Taking part in emergency and occupational onboard training such as, the use of self-contained breathing apparatus, firefighting, man overboard exercises, lifeboat launching, security drills and/or other training as applicable for the function
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge and experience in the offshore industry with at least 5 years' experience in a similar Mechanical role
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Valid Offshore Medical
- BOSIET Training or Equivalent (OPITO approved)
- Fluent both in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of DP Vessel operations
- Proven background working with hydraulic systems in an offshore environment, preferably relevant to equipment types on the vessel (e.g., dive systems, cranes, carousels)
- Preferred: STCW95 Reg. III/1 - Officer in Charge of an Engineering Watch OICE