Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Other Skills: coal power plant, engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Commissioning Engineer, CME - Spanish Speaker
Reference: PIR 381405820
Date of issue: 10/10/2018
Punta Catalina project - coal fired power plant
Reports to: Commissioning Manager
Job Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Job type/Contract: Temporary, starts ASAP - ends 30th of June 2019
Hours/rotation: Rotation of 91 days on site and 15 days off (+2 days travelling paid)
Salary range: Competitive salary package with benefits
Benefits: Single status
Full board and accommodation on site
Travel to home country in economy class
Job summary/Role description
CME ensures the development of the deliverables of the Project pertaining to commissioning within the project.
CME operates in compliance with the quality requirements, health/environmental/safety regulations and following the stated procedures.
CME will act as Commissioning Superintendent when he is on leave and/or on business assignment.
Duties and responsibilities
• Prepare the project documents and deliverables (such as systems breakdown structure, mark-up of P&I diagrams, schedule of activities, pre-commissioning manual, precommissioning and commissioning procedures) in compliance with the project requirements;
• Coordinate with the Engineering Dept. the preparation of the engineering data base and follow the updating, in home office and at Site;
• Support the implementation of the electronic Project Completion System linked to the engineering data base;
• Finalize the certification matrix;
• Prepare the schedule of activities, follow up the updating and monitor the progress;
• Analyze the Construction completion packages (DAC) once issued from construction and advice CMM or COT about the status of verified DAC prior to formal acceptance by Commissioning team;
• Coordinate with the Construction team for the closing of the punch list in order to facilitate the systems hand over following the target dates and priorities defined with the Commissioning Manager;
• Facilitate the completion of the pre-commissioning activities through the check of certificates and punch list;
• Participate in reviewing and planning of availability of lubricants, chemicals, catalysts and other products required for commissioning;
• When requested from the Commissioning Manager coordinate the field activities assigned to the Supervisors;
• Participate in preparing the Commissioning Dossier;
• Collect and organize the discipline DAC punch list ensuring that the punch lists issued by commissioning team are properly filled and correct them when required before forward them to QC;
• Coordinate the presence of the vendor specialist, ensuring all data and reports are collected.
Knowledge & Qualifications
Desirable: • Suitable University Degree
• Significant experience on a similar position on power generation projects, specifically coal-fired power plants
Skills and Abilities
• Spanish-speaking preferable;
• Fluent English;
• Excellent IT and analytical skills;
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
• Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution;
• Attention to detail, strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Special Requirements and Comments
ONLY SPONTANEOUS CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
The information submitted shall include:
- expected salary ($/year, gross);
- notice period (weeks);
- email address of the candidate.