Skills: Electrical Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Summary of Position:
The Electronic Technician handles the maintenance and repair of all electronic equipment on the rig.
Duties and Responsibilities (shall include but not be limited to):
• Perform emergency duties as per Station Bill and Emergency Procedures manual.
• Effectively participate in the Stop Observe Act Report (SOAR) program and encourage active participation.
• Comply with and effectively contribute to the continuous improvement of RMS, Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) related policies and procedures, and relevant authority regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for the control and management of software in relation to rig based control and automation systems.
• Ensure a working knowledge of software control in relation to rig based control and automation systems.
• Ensure familiarity with equipment and systems in order to restore essential services in emergency situations.
• Ensure that all electrical installation work is carried out in a proper manner and that equipment is fit for purpose.
• Ensure that all third party equipment meets requirements and standards.
• Capable of identifying electrical hazards and any work requiring risk assessment.
• Operate, inspect, service, maintain, test and repair electrical equipment.
• Plan work before work commences and manage hazards effectively.
• Set schedules to provide proper utilization of equipment and evaluate equipment's performance.
• Create work plans for crews and ensure that parts, tools, equipment and documentation are available for scheduled work.
• Comply with company's Code of Conduct.
• Maintain records and logs required by the Company.
• Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right the first time, every time, and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
• Write reports on major equipment failure, modifications, equipment performance and maintenance history, as required.
• Maintain maintenance system.
• Complete and hand over reports, logs, records and notes according to approved procedures and instructions.
• Find and repair electrical, control and instrumentation systems as necessary.
• Assist electrician when required as part of the maintenance team.
• Responsible for installation and integration of new systems.
• Verify system schematics and network topology.
• Maintain PLC Network integrity.
• Maintain technical spares inventory.
• Maintain key drilling/safety equipment software/firmware/hardware.
• Review Company documentation with crew members as required.
• Participate in document revisions as required.
• Show active participation in Hazard Management and Stop Work activities.
• Effectively contribute to Management of Change and Non-Conformance Management through compliance with Change and Non-Conformance Procedures.
• Control inventory budget.
• Maintain contact with regulatory agencies as required.
• Assist in the management of the mentoring process in accordance with the Mentoring Program, as applicable.
• Demonstrate leadership through personal responsibility and accountability.
• Participate in Competence Program.
• Supervise and manage in accordance with supervisory roles and responsibilities (as applicable).
• Implement frontline discipline in consultation with next level supervisor.
• Participate in a leading role in relevant incident investigations.
• Conduct formal and informal performance appraisals, which include measuring performance (as applicable).
• Ensure direct reports' roles and responsibilities are clearly discussed, as applicable.
Qualifications / Skills & Experience / Reporting:
• Previous experience as an Electronics Specialist in an Offshore Environment or similar Industrial Field.
• Previous experience diagnosing and configuring Toshiba/Siemens/ Mitsubishi PLC systems through HMI.
• The ability to diagnose and repair equipment problems using Toshiba/Siemens/ Mitsubishi PLC Systems.
• Previous experience working with SCR and VFD drives.
• The ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair problems with Roos Hill/Siemens/ABB drive systems.
• Advanced knowledge of SCADA HMI to diagnose, monitor and repair Fibre Optics and DP Networks.
• Must hold valid BOSEIT / MIST.
• Previous experience as an Electronics Specialist on an Amphion Drilling Systems.
• Strong IT skills including WinCC, Semitic Manager, Step 7, AutoCAD, VBA and SAP.
• Strong experience working with, NOV, Letourneau, Cameron or TTS, drilling equipment and control systems.