Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting - Sr. Market Intelligence Advisor located in Houston, TX Texas/United States through through October 23, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 395062
The Sr. Market Intelligence Advisor, is part of the Market Intelligence team within Chevron's Procurement/Supply Chain (PSCM) department, responsible for providing market analysis, cost modeling, forecasting and actionable intelligence to Procurement Management and across category management and procurement teams. The role works closely with category management, including leadership within the PSCM function - as well as with corporate strategic planning, business units, and senior leadership of Chevon - to inform strategic decision-making, including insights into the market, supply-base, and competitiveness. The position is responsible for strategic data and information, trend and scenario analysis, and other business analytics in support of strategic planning and execution for the Chevron Procurement/Supply Chain function and at the corporate level. The Sr. Advisor works with senior management to develop, analyze, and provide input into category management and strategic planning activities by providing assessments of cost impacts across key oil & gas product service lines, key commodities and raw materials, and suppliers, to support implementation of procurement/supply chain strategies.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Identify and collect appropriate supplier, market, economic, financial, competitor, and/or operational data to perform various strategic cost, benchmarking, financial, statistical, quantitative, and qualitative data analysis
- Translate data into executable and effective market intelligence analysis and reports
- Provide necessary supporting data and make recommendations to senior management on business development and market strategies, including providing input and/or preparation of information for Investor Relation and Security Analyst Meetings.
- Prepare corporate-wide recommendations and viewpoints on short and long-term cost escalation for key categories and product service lines.
- Promote market- and data-driven decision making through active participation as member of the market intelligence team as an enabler to Chevron's global category management
- Profiles the overall market and competitive environment, providing insights and recommendations that supports strategic decision-making and for use in internal and external presentations by senior leadership
- Builds capacity of embedded business analyst teams to collect and analyze market information to support decision making within categories and business units
- Leads cost benchmarking studies in support of cost management strategies and initiatives for key operational activities
- Creates and updates comprehensive industry, cost, and benchmarking models including, but not limited to, forecasting, supply constraints, trends, and market forces
- Provides market and competitive insights through presentations and reports to the global category management teams and various internal management teams to allow effective strategic and tactical decision-making and implementation, including maintaining the relationships with key internal customers to identify emerging needs and business challenges
- Supplies the market intelligence component of strategic planning, and proactively makes recommendations to management concerning key intelligence items that require further consideration
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluating their credibility and potential utility, and leverages them across the company where appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent.
- MBA or Advanced degree in analytical/quantitative discipline or 5 years of related work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of highly analytical experience providing Market Analysis, Forecasts, Statistical Modeling, and Planning.
- Demonstrated solid knowledge of economic analysis, financial analysis, and forecasting methods.
- Proficient user of econometrics/statistical software (e.g.STATA, R).
- Experience developing, updating, and explaining forecasting models and outlooks.
- Market Intelligence experience within the oil and gas industry.
- Experience in business intelligence and competitive intelligence.
- Proficiency in economic modeling,using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated experience developing and delivering presentations and written reports supporting business decisions.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the company and build strong relationships with team members and internal stakeholders across a broad range of functional disciplines.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience in research unit of an investment bank, the Federal Reserve System or a multilateral/government organization.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Experience with Visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Spotfire)
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.