The Storage Engineering Manager will manage battery storage solutions for the Global Shell Solar and Storage team. This role is responsible for the preliminary design of battery storage projects and will manage external consultants and multidisciplinary teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Determine the optimum choice of components (batteries, PCS, EMS, and control systems) to meet and comply with project goals
- Use modeling and estimation software such as PVsyst, Python or MATLAB to create production estimates including assumptions for losses due to equipment, electrical losses, temperature and loading.
- Convert specifications and modeling output based on site constraints and topo into an initial layout.
- Use internal tools and industry standards to optimize size of batteries across different use cases
- Design projects compliant with applicable internal and external codes and standards
- Review internal and external engineering reports prepared by project managers and external OEs
- Support internal commercial and business development teams to prepare technical docs for RFPs
- Prepare performance reports of new and operational projects for utility scale, stand alone, or solar plus storage projects
- Support troubleshooting and resolution of applicable project engineering,construction and performance issues
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of Solar / Storage experience preferably from the Utility industry
- Experience designing, modeling, and validating use cases for Solar and Storage projects
- Strong understanding of the electrical grid and where to place Storage capacity
- Existing industry relationships with a network of developers and integrators
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Willingness to travel up to 25% while working efficiently and productively in remote locations
- The role can be based in San Francisco, CA or Boston, MA
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.