Tasks and Responsibilities of Electrical Technical Officer (ETO) include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for proper recording of temporary and preliminary modifications
- To be proficient and knowledgeable in the maintenance and repair of all electrical and electronic equipment on the vessel
- Accurately maintain logbooks, planned maintenance system and spare part control
- Carry out repairs and maintenance to the electronic installation of the vessel, with particular regard to DP and GMDSS equipment, all under the direction of the Chief Engineer
- Keep and maintain current vendors catalogue library of all equipment in area of responsibility
- Ensure through uniform stock & quantity control, that adequate inventory and level of spares is maintained at all times in area of responsibility
- Carry out maintenance and administration of the vessel's IT systems and software systems, in conjunction with the IT department ashore.
- To be familiar with all Company procedures, including the Safety Management System, applicable to his duties
- Responsible for refusing unsafe work and for carrying out all work in accordance with the established safety standards and work practices.
- Taking part in emergency and occupational onboard training such as, the use of self-contained breathing apparatus, firefighting, man overboard exercises, lifeboat launching, security drills and/or other training as applicable for the function
- Wearing, inspecting and caring for required personal protective equipment.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge and experience in the offshore industry with at least 5 years' experience in a similar Mechanical role
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Valid Offshore Medical
- BOSIET Training or Equivalent (OPITO approved)
- Fluent both in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of DP Vessel operations
- Comply with the requirements as described in Section 4.6 of the IMCA document "Training and Experience of Key DP Personnel"
- Have an adequate knowledge and experience with the relevant class of vessel in accordance with Section 5 of the IMCA document "Training and Experience of Key DP Personnel"
- STCW Reg. VI/1 - Basic Training
- Preferred: STCW Reg. III/6 - Electro Technical Officer
- STCW Reg. V1-6 Security Training for Seafarers with Security Duties