Tasks and Responsibilities of Bosun include (but are not limited to):
- Wearing, inspecting and caring for required personal protective equipment.
- Responsible to organize day to day work on deck
- Responsible to see that regular maintenance to manufacturer's specifications are performed on deck equipment and crane
- Responsible to ensure that correct PPE is in use by personnel under his authority
- Proficient in all rigging operations
- Proficient in the maintenance of deck equipment
- Carry out duties and responsibilities as laid down in the Shipboard Oil Pollution Emergency Plan (SOPEP)
- To be familiar with all Company procedures, including the Safety Management System, applicable to his duties
- Responsible for refusing unsafe work and for carrying out all work in accordance with the established safety standards and work practices.
- Taking part in emergency and occupational onboard training such as, the use of self-contained breathing apparatus, fire-fighting, man overboard exercises.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge and experience in the offshore industry with at least 5 years' experience in a similar Mechanical role
- High school graduate
- Valid Offshore Medical
- BOSIET Training or Equivalent (OPITO approved)
- Fluent both in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of DP Vessel operations
- STCW95 Reg VI/1 Basic Training
- II/4 - Rating Forming Part of a Navigation Watch
- STCW95 Reg. VI/2-1 Survival Craft
- V1-6 Security Training for Seafarers with Security Duties
- STCW medical fitness certificate
- Minimum: 180 Days Sea Time documented as Able Seaman