Industrial Electrical Journeyman - Crosby TexasIndustrial Maintenance Electrician-Job DescriptionFull Time Direct Hire - Full BenefitsPrimary Purpose:
Perform skilled Journey-Level work in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical and electronic equipment, apparatus and fixtures used in a manufacturing plant.Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
May be responsible to perform a combination of the following duties based upon job assignment:
General Qualifications Skills/ Competencies:
- Inspect, maintain, repair and overhaul electro-mechanical and solid state electrical equipment, using a variety of electrical test equipment, meters, powered and non-powered tools and equipment.
- Install new electrical and electronic equipment and electrical wiring according to the National Electrical Code and company electrical standards.
- Maintain and repair electrical and electronic systems for facilities and equipment.
- Work safely and cooperatively with co-workers and the public.
- Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environmental regulations.
- Responsible for Lock out/ Tag out procedures as mandated by company policy.
- Other related incidental work as needed.
Degrees/ Certificates/ License/ Experience
- Methods, equipment and materials used in the electrical trade.
- General knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Principles of electronic theory as applied to electrical and electronic circuits, wiring and electrical equipment.
- Theory of operation and use of Programmable Logic Control (PLC) units and other computer based equipment.
- PLC programming a plus
- Robotics experience a plus
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Work from blueprints, shop drawings and sketches.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Physical Requirements/ Working conditions
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- NCCER Accreditation preferred
- Completion of a recognized vocational education program in electrical or industrial electrical or industrial training -OR- completion of a recognized Electrical Apprenticeship Program and three out of the last five years journey level experience as an electrician in the industrial maintenance field.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- First Aid, CPR and forklift certification required prior to completion of 90 day probationary period with maintenance thereafter.
- Requires climbing, standing, bending and lifting heavy objects in awkward and confined spaces using proper lifting and rigging techniques.
- Subject to exposure to dust and high levels of vibration.
- Subject to exposure to high levels of noise requiring hearing protection.
- Subject to work in extreme heat and cold environments.
- Subject to working in close proximity with machinery and moving parts, high voltage where the use of appropriate protective/ safety equipment is required.
- Subject to working at heights and in adverse weather conditions.
- Work includes both indoor and outdoor environment.
- May be required for after hour and weekend call-ins.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Electrician: 3 years (Required)
EnerMech Mechanical Services employs 3000 staff across 40 locations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Caspian, Asia, Australia and the Americas, and has evolved in to one of the world's leading integrated engineering contractors, continuing to serve the energy sector whilst expanding its service offering into new sectors, including renewables, LNG, defense, power, infrastructure and petrochemicals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
EnerMech Mechanical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-
employment drug screen, physical, criminal background check,
education/employment verifications and reference checks. NO FELONIES AND
CLEAR DRIVING RECORD are required. All qualified candidates for this
position must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA
sponsorship. You can go direct to our careers page below and apply to the position you qualify for:https://www.enermech.com/careers