Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Instrumentation & Control Systems Specialist
Marine Well Containment Company (MWCC) is an independent company with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Since 2011, MWCC has been the leader in well containment in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico; providing well containment equipment and technology. The organization is continuously ready to respond with dedicated equipment, a capable organization and the robust training necessary to mount an effective response.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Instrumentation & Control Systems Specialist will provide technical support and vendor management for testing, maintaining and commissioning all process controls and safety shutdown systems associated with production equipment used by Marine Well Containment Company.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Work as a member of the MWCC Emergency Response Organization on an as needed basis in the event of activation, or preparations/drills for same, in response to a well control incident and perform job duties commensurate with your assigned role.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and periodic review of preventative/corrective/predictive maintenance programs executed at MWCC Shore bases
- Participate in development and implementation of a long-term preservation and system readiness program to deploy mechanical, electrical and control systems for Marine Capture Operations
- Aid Maintenance and Deployment by identifying and overseeing key vendors required to execute shore base equipment Instrumentation & Controls maintenance, and deployment commissioning activities. Lead 3rd party I&C technicians in support of these activities.
- Investigate I&C equipment failures to determine root cause of failure and recommend appropriate solutions
- Develop and propose modifications to improve equipment and/or system reliability/capacity and efficiencies
- Lead approved I&C system upgrades in line with MWCC OES System requirements
- Evaluate new methodologies, work practices, instrumentation/controls technology, for possible application and use within MWCC's Well Containment System
- Anticipate and plan for I&C equipment obsolescence
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the oil/gas industry working with instrumentation and control systems
- Strong results orientation and personal accountability
- Team player with a collaborative working style
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Displays innovation with a curiosity and openness to new ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment
- Visibly demonstrates the values of safety, integrity and excellence
Preferred Qualifications and Knowledge
- 2-year Technical degree or greater
- Process Control and Safety Shutdown Systems
- ESD/Fire and Gas Systems
- Cause and Effect Logic and Verification
- DCS/PLC Systems with Operator Interface Control Consoles
- Knowledge of Electrical Area Classification Requirements for I&C equipment
- Subsea Control Systems (Master Control Stations/ HPU's/ Subsea Control Pods/Umbilicals)
- Knowledge of control room operations
- Knowledge of equipment and system failure modes
- Understanding of GoM regulatory environment and Industry Standards
- Experience and working knowledge of topsides commissioning and start up activities
Location: Houston, TX or Corpus Christi, TX
Travel: 20-40% (Initial 6 month period will require an increased presence in Corpus Christi)
Marine Well Containment Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran candidates.