Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Cabinda Province, Angola
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Angola
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To assist the Asset Integrity Department to introduce, maintain and operate as appropriate, HSE systems in line with Company policy and ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To work within designated areas of responsibility under the direction of line management to ensure that a quality HSE strategy is prepared and submitted to, and agreed with the Senior Management, and that targeted objectives are met
- Collaborate with Site Superintends and Supervisors to ensure that operational objectives are met in a timely manner and to keep them informed of changes in legislation
- Undertake audits and assessments to meet company and legislative requirements
- Monitor and review operations on Health & Safety and Environmental Systems
- Participate, develop and maintain Health & Safety and Environmental Systems in conjunction with local Management
- Act in the capacity of HSE Advisor for assigned location and associated operations
- Harmonise current HSE systems with the intention of minimizing duplication and cost
- Act as one of the focal points within the company for advice on HSE Matters
- Establish and operate systems to ensure that employees are kept fully informed of changes in HSE policies and legal requirements
- To attend and participate in internal and external meetings as required
- To assist with the monitoring of non-conformances to ensure that improvement actions are taken in a timely and effective manner
- To assist in the company's drive to maintain accreditation(s) and certification status in chosen fields
- To assist in the assessment and review of sub-contractors and suppliers by audit, questionnaire or performance records in order to maintain the Approved Suppliers / Sub-Contractors Lists
- Assist line management in the investigation of all incidents and equipment failures and maintain records for these
- Carry out work in accordance with the company Health & Safety Policy
- Carry out work in accordance with the company Environmental Policy
- Perform all work in accordance with the company Quality System .
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
- Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
Working toward Nebosh International General Certificate followed by Nebosh Diploma.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
This position is considered 50% OFFICE WORK 50% FIELD WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Work is split indoors and outdoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Field work could involve working on offshore platforms, travelling on sea vessels or working in an industrial type environment.
- Field work may have high noise levels, sunlight and motion, Numerous stairs may need to be climbed while carrying 10 kg of equipment.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.