Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Engineering
Other Skills: Drilling, Rig
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Provide support & technical advice on all HSE activities related to Drilling Rigs working with drilling division. Advises on HSE standards & codes of practices & international standard applied
for drilling Rigs and Rig less barges.
Responsible for supervising/ advising and training rig site employees on all aspects of Health Safety & Environment and providing support for on-site Drilling and well operations. Establish, control and direct the safety inspection programme of Drilling fleets.
Coordinate and follow up implementation of recommendation raised from the inspection. Location and Description of Support to be provided
Primary Location: COMPANY Rigs & barges, Well Sites,
Roles & Responsibilities (in accordance with the ADNOC codes of practice):
- Coordinate with Drilling Supervisor, Drilling HSE Engineer (office based) and support team to set appropriate objectives for HSE management, Emergency management and implementation.
- Ensure all HSE related information is reported back to Drilling Supervisor and Drilling Support Team (office HSE Engineer).
- Ensure effective implementation HSE plan
- Provide HSE support to Drilling Supervisor for Emergency Response.
- Establish, Control ,Carry Out and Follow up Rig Inspections Program
- Carry Out In House HSE Work Shop
- Plans and Conduct HSE awareness training to all team and crew members including post
- Incident awareness Session
- Carry out air loop inspection and ensure it is meeting ADMA-OPCO and international standard & verify competency of the air loop Eng. Onboard the Rigs
- Ensure compliance with PPE requirements and standard
- Ensure proper storage and handling of drilling fluids on well sites
- Participate in performing HSE risk assessments
- Participate in Incident Investigations & develop and implement actions to prevent reoccurrence and mitigate consequences
- Attend field HSE meetings as needed.
- Conduct safety Training and Support to Drilling Supervisor in drills to Maintain Emergency Preparedness.
- Ensure the HSE competence of contractors through evaluation and audits.
- Participate in development of HSE initiatives and campaigns
- Perform regular site inspections to ensure HSE compliance
- Organize audit programs including coordination and recordkeeping of site audits with Contractor HSE supervisors
- Ensuring & verify the implementation of action tracking system in the group for the timely closure of all HSE actions
- Analyse, monitor & Record HSE trends/statistics for future HSE planning and proactive measures.
- Prepare and follow updated list on daily basis with coordination of Drilling Supervisor and Drilling HSE Engineer
- Assist with other activities as directed by drilling Supervisor
- Ensure all personnel on well site adhere to company standards and policies in HSE
- Follow up and Advise on HSE assessment level required for change control HSE MS Implementation:-
- Discuss HSE MS applicable procedures with rig crew.
- Follow up and ensure implementation of the procedures in line with ADMA - ZADCO requirements
- Participate in maintaining ISO 14001 & OSAHS 18001 MS.
Communications & Organizational Relationships:
- Daily contacts with Drilling site leader (Rigs site) and HSE Engineer( office)
- Frequent contacts with NDC Rig Key Personnel.
- Reports to HSE Engineer (office) .
Physical Effort: %Time Sitting (subject to eye strain when using PC for 60%) 20% Outside work (Offshore) 80%
Work Environment: ( Rig based) %Time A/C Environment 20%
Rig working area 80%
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge Skills & Experience:
- B.Sc. degree in science or Engineering discipline
- Minimum 10 years of direct experience in drilling HSE operations.
- Direct experience and proficiency with HSE Management Systems and HSE requisites such as Risk Assessments, Audits and Inspections, and Procedures.
- Knowledge in Drilling Operation activities, Drilling Emergencies, and rig site specific safety plans
- Read / write English (fluent)
- Ability to work effectively as an individual with minimal direction and as part of a larger team
- Adequate HSE training records
- Must be a computer literate
Training Certificate Required
BOSIET or T-BOSIET and H2S Training and any necessary special training before going offshore.
- 28 days on duty and 28 Off duty
- Transportation from Abu Dhabi to rig/rig to Abu Dhabi, onsite food and accommodation on rig will be provided by ADNOC.
Economy Air ticket
Economy Ticket during on/off period, mob/de-mob will be provided
Terms and conditions
- HSE Engineer must give 3 months' notice period prior of his resignation/absence
At IDC Manpower Supply we understand that the task of providing services of requirement and selection of personnel demands a high degree of integration between the client and its adviser in order to create a partnership that really add value to the process, Our mission is that our clients made their final decisions counting with all the information and local expertise that IDC Manpower Supply makes available to them.
Our firm counts with a team of seasoned professionals with long standing experience in the areas of recruitment and selection of specialized personnel for the oil Industry, who will manage this process end-to-end and assist you in taking the right human resources decision.
Our Parent Company, International Development Company (IDC) is one of the UAE's leading service and supply companies. With its international expertise in the oil, gas, power and water, telecommunication, private industrial projects, construction, petrochemical industries, along with a reputation for progressive and innovative approaches to business, it has experienced rapid expansion and prosperity.
Over the course of 39 years, IDC maintained its continuous coverage of interrelated fields; starting with the oil & gas industry, and its focus on developing countries that are experiencing an increasing need of equipment, spare parts, consumer goods and general industrial supplies. This earned IDC its reputation as a quality supplier of material, equipment and services that are provided by engineers and well-qualified specialists in various fields.