Skills: Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- University degree or other education level
- Long experience in Oilfield Industry with at least 10 years' experience as Mud Engineer.
- Computer literate with capabilities to use software related to his career.
- English Language : Read, Write and Speak - Fluent
- Report writing capability.
Carry out the drilling fluid related operation on assigned drilling rig including land rig on island and workover barges. Execute the given fluid program as per the plan without any failure and if any diversion from the program and/or concerns then raise the flag to office team. Follow the daily operation, plan for the upcoming operation to have all required items in time and complete the job safely without any non-productive time due to fluid related issue. Work hand to hand with Drilling Fluid Service Company Engineer making sure their performance meeting the ADNOC Offshore level and monitor QA/QC of all drilling fluid related service within the limit of ADNOC Offshore operation and HSE
Principal Accountabilities and not limited to:
- Directs and controls the rig crew involved in drilling fluids preparation and maintenance operations at the rig while ensuring all HSE standards and requirements.
- Prepare/Review morning daily drilling reports, Fluid reports, Solids control reports, Drilling Waste Management report, and Filtration report to determine the current status of the well being drilled to establish the fluid requirements including whether modifications to the fluid systems and properties are needed.
- Follows the fluid programs for each individual well/section to be drilled or worked over including fluid formulation, preparation, testing, and maintenance as per the fluids program. Maintains lab test equipment and calibrates them as per procedure.
- Follows the drilling and completion fluid operations and logistics at the rig, highlights problem areas to DSL and recommends methods and techniques to ensure coping with the operational requirements and cost effectiveness. Learning to be captured and shared with the team to be implemented in upcoming operations. Ensures adequate chemical supply at the rigs to safely sustain drilling operations and ensures timely ordering of chemicals as required by the Fluids program.
- Involves in trouble-shooting the drilling problems, suggests solutions, makes incident reports and recommendations for the future.
- Supervises Fluid Service Company field personnel and ensures implementation of approved ADNOC fluids and drilling programs, formulations and ensures correct and regular testing of fluids properties.
- Participate in company HSE program and Motivates to enhance Fluids service provider's HSE and technical performance.
- Reviews and monitors chemical consumptions and service providers' costs.
- Prepares well fluid recaps, end of well reports and phase reports.
- Ensures that sufficient stock of fluid chemicals meeting ADNOC Offshore established safety standards and specifications is available on site and that ADNOC Offshore drilling operations are not interrupted.
- Ensures that all safety rules and regulations are adhered to in all matters related to chemicals storage, handling, mixing, back-loading, etc & housekeeping. Fulfils environmental compliance requirements,
- Participates in safety meetings, tool box talks, and hazard identifications, BSAs, drills and other safety programs and processes at the rig.
- Performs other related duties such as preparing monthly reports related to fluid operations, following up solids control equipment performance, filtration, attends all operational meetings at rig.
- Maintains daily and regular communications with office DFE and DFTL and send timely reports to office.
- Required to have good communication skill to communicate with the rig crew and service company personnel's.
- As required should able to provide training to the ADNOC Offshore CAPM's/Trainee.
- Capable to work in office to support ADNOC Offshore business requirement as and when required.
Communications & Organizational Relationships:
- Daily contacts with Drilling site leader (Rigs site)
- Frequent contacts with NDC Rig Key Personnel.
- Reports to Drilling Fluids TL (HQ office)
Physical Effort: %Time Sitting (subject to eye strain when using PC for 60%) 20% Outside work (Offshore) 80%
Work Environment: ( Rig based) %Time A/C Environment 20%
Rig working area 80%
Training Certificate Required
BOSIET or T-BOSIET and H2S Training and any necessary special training before going offshore.
- 28 days on duty and 28 Off duty
- Transportation from Abu Dhabi to rig/rig to Abu Dhabi, onsite food and accommodation on rig will be provided by ADNOC.
Economy Air ticket
Economy Ticket during on/off period, mob/de-mob will be provided
Terms and conditions
- Mud Engineer must give 3 months' notice period prior of his resignation/absence
At IDC Manpower Supply we understand that the task of providing services of requirement and selection of personnel demands a high degree of integration between the client and its adviser in order to create a partnership that really add value to the process, Our mission is that our clients made their final decisions counting with all the information and local expertise that IDC Manpower Supply makes available to them.
Our firm counts with a team of seasoned professionals with long standing experience in the areas of recruitment and selection of specialized personnel for the oil Industry, who will manage this process end-to-end and assist you in taking the right human resources decision.
Our Parent Company, International Development Company (IDC) is one of the UAE's leading service and supply companies. With its international expertise in the oil, gas, power and water, telecommunication, private industrial projects, construction, petrochemical industries, along with a reputation for progressive and innovative approaches to business, it has experienced rapid expansion and prosperity.
Over the course of 39 years, IDC maintained its continuous coverage of interrelated fields; starting with the oil & gas industry, and its focus on developing countries that are experiencing an increasing need of equipment, spare parts, consumer goods and general industrial supplies. This earned IDC its reputation as a quality supplier of material, equipment and services that are provided by engineers and well-qualified specialists in various fields.