Skills: Engineering Technician
Other Skills: Tooling, Specialist
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is looking for Tooling Specialist within the Well Bore Clean Up division for a contract position, located Offshore.
Provide technical support and oversee the rigging up and running of various downhole cleaning tools. Assembles and prepares tools for rig site delivery and oversees the related processes and procedures associated with mechanical wellbore clean-up in the field.
- Review mud program to prepare orders and mixing plans
- Consult with rig crew during rig up, operation and retrieval of downhole tools
- Inspect and measure finished assemblies to determine conformance to specifications
- Oversee the related processes and procedures associated with mechanical wellbore clean up in the field
- Monitor effectiveness of downhole tool performance
- Answer client questions concerning operating parameters, dimensions, and product lines
- Review schematics, tool programs, and operator well completion diagrams
- Supervise drifting of individual tools and assemblies
- Supervise correct make up torque for tools assemblies, clean-up operations and transfer of tools
- Clean tools prior to loading into basket
- Interface effectively with company man and rig personnel
**Candidates must have or be willing to obtain the below certification to be considered. These must be individual certs, not contained within a MIST or equivalent certificate.
- Fatigue Management
- First Aid
- Hazard Identification
- COSHH Awareness
- Manual Handling
**Due to check in, mob and demob and tax purposes, candidates must reside in the UK.