Skills: Maintenance Manager
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Andrews, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Performs scheduled or necessary maintenance on service equipment to ensure the equipment is functioning properly. Coordinates schedules and oversees all shop operations.
Reports to: Division Manager
Directs Reports: Shop Hand
- Monitors and supervises all shop operations and coordinates maintenance duties with the shop hands
- Performs, inspects, and coordinates repairs and service maintenance on all equipment
- Purchases parts and supplies needed for repairs and oversees the inventory
- Maintains files on scheduled or necessary maintenance operations
- Ensures the shop is clean and maintained in a safe, orderly manner
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- 2+ years of experience in service maintenance
- Knowledge and experience in oxygen/acetylene gas operations, welding and fabrication
- Knowledge of the brake system and its components
- Ability to multi-task
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Certification in automotive air-conditioning
- Bi-lingual (English/ Spanish)
- Physical activity including long periods of standing, sitting, squatting, bending and reaching
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment