Skills: Field Service Tech, Production Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Commensurate with relevant education and experience
Location: Delhi, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
To operate and maintain the equipment used for the daily production of oil and gas on an offshore or onshore production facility.
- Monitors and records the production of gas, oil, and water from computer and meter readings.
- Performs regulatory inspections which involve tasks such as: testing safety devices high and low pressures; checking fluid levels in the separator, tank, and other parts of the vessel; inspecting wellheads for leaks and deficiencies, and recording data on required forms for computer input.
- Performs visual inspections by walking around facility and equipment to check for pollution, leaks, temperature variances, and mechanical problems; making appropriate repairs and adjustments.
- Inputs data from recorded levels and pressures in the computer for daily or periodic reporting.
- Performs minor mechanical and equipment repairs as required on items such as pumps and valves.
- Cleans equipment and work area to keep them free of oil, trash, and other debris or filth.
- Performs mandated inspections on safety and fire extinguishing equipment by checking the general condition and gauge pressures.
- Runs and pulls pigs according to an established schedule, inserting and removing the pig from the trap either by hand or using a hoist.
- Responsible for making daily operational decisions of a basic nature.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.