Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: The Hague, South Holland, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Intellectual Property (IP) Paralegal will be a member of our International Patent Prosecution Team. This team is an integral part of our IP Department. As a member of this team the Paralegal will work with multiple attorneys, and coordinate with other colleagues to aide in the prosecution of our patents across the globe. A successful candidate will have strong patent prosecution experience, and an ability to succeed in an ever-changing environment. The right candidate will be able to anticipate IP needs, be self-motivated as well as having a good team attitude.
He/She will work under the supervision or direction of Senior IP Paralegals/Legal Assistants, and relevant IP Counsel.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under attorney supervision, prepares and modifies intellectual property related matters.
- Prepares drafts of patent prosecution forms and filings, such as Requests for Correction, PCT patent applications, Information Disclosure Statements, Submittal of Formal Drawings, etc.
- Dockets deadlines for patent prosecution, fees and annuities and handles correspondence with outside counsel re same.
- Organizes and expedites flow of work through department. Initiates and implements follow-up actions as required on a wide variety of topics requiring specialized knowledge relating to office activities.
- Maintains confidentiality on all department issues.
- Observes company policies and safety rules.
- Performs other duties as required to ensure effectiveness of the position.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Some university course work is preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years of patent prosecution experience.
- Is extremely compentent in both speaking and writing English.
- Has an understanding of Microsoft Office programs, such as Word and Excel.
- Prior experience in the prosecution of PCT patent applications.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple simultaneous projects effectively
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.