Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Safety Officer, Safety Training Rep
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Uses analytical, organizational, and communication skills to create and revise safety training on various HSE-related topics for all employees. Designs, organizes, and facilitates safety training programs.
- Responsible for the development and revision of organizational Health, Safety, and Environmental training courses
- Conducts organization training needs assessments and identifies skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Familiar with learning management systems (LMS) concepts, content input and review for computer-based instruction (CBI), eLearning, video based, and other distance learning training course development and revision efforts
- Writes, develops or revises proprietary training materials for new and existing training programs such as charts, prepared notes, web cast scripts, training handbooks, lesson plans, exams, and other course documentation to ensure the technical accuracy of the training content
- Conducts field observations to develop training materials
- Conducts trainings including group presentations or individual trainings at locations within the organization, on an as needed basis
- Evaluates instructional effectiveness; develops instructional guides and supporting documents
- Monitors ISNetworld and other contractor compliance websites for Written Programs, Certificate of Insurance (COI), Master Service Agreement (MSA), and training documentation compliance.
- Communicate with Regional & Division safety personnel to ensure necessary compliance and limit business interruptions.
- Performs DOT compliance/auditing, and develops related training material as needed.
- Performs additional administrative duties as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of the oilfield servicing industry or other safety related industries
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills; ability to communicate with employees at all levels
- Working knowledge of MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction
- 2-4 years’ experience developing, analyzing, and measuring instructional training programs
- Bachelor’s degree in an Occupational Safety, Science, Engineering, or Environmental-related field
- Experience with web-based, e-learning programs and audio/visual equipment
- Experience with OSHA, DOT, and EPA training
- Bilingual English/Spanish language skills
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Long periods of sitting or standing
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Indoor office environment.
- On-site field work, including exposure to heavy equipment, moving machinery, and oil and gas services related hazards.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment