Executes the day to day operations within the coatings department as directed by the Coatings Superintendent. Responsible for safety, quality, schedule and budget of all assigned work.
- Ensure timely and cost efficient completion of projects and/or jobs.
- Establishes safe working environment and enforces established safety policies as outlined by company policy OSHA, HIOSH, state and federal laws, and EPA.
- Estimates, calculates, and forecasts labor costs and manpower needs for projects.
- Determines workforce staffing to maximize efficiency and beat project
- estimations and deadlines.
- Provides project managers with accurate estimates for bid proposals.
- Prepares various forms and reports for review.
- Communicates with internal and external customers, contractors, and subcontractors to build and maintain solid relationships.
- Leads and develops Foreman, Leadman, and production team members.
- Advise Supt. on status of all assigned projects, potential obstacles and delays and plans to minimize impact and beat project goals.
- Problem solver - seeks solutions to problems that ensure compliance within established guidelines without exceeding budget and maximizing company and customer satisfaction.
- Various administrative duties such as report writing, performance reviews, responding to email, form completion, etc.
- Operate and use various office equipment, computers, cell phone, fax copy machine and software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer.
- Promote teamwork and a safe positive working environment.
- Research and utilize industry production and safety best practices.
- Instruct team members on use of equipment and/or tools.
- Read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Estimate time, manpower, and materials required for assigned jobs.
- Evaluate team member performance and correct as necessary.
- Comply with requirements of the CBA.
- Assess team member skills and provide necessary training opportunities
- as required to enhance or address deficiencies.
- Screen applicants for necessary welding skill level and make recommendations
- for hire.
5 years hands on painting and sandblasting experience
Experience with US Navy ship repair/NAVSEA regulations
10 years shipyard heavy industry work experience or similar
5 years' experience supervising union workers
High school diploma or equivalent
SSPC C7 and C13 certifications
AA degree in Industrial trades/Applied Science or similar.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain DBIDS and TWIC card
- Valid State of Hawaii drivers' license in good standing, class 3 or higher