Responsible for coordinating and overseeing docking activities and ensuring the safe and efficient docking and undocking of vessels.
Essential job Duties &Responsibilities:
Working Conditions/Job Environment:
This position requires working outside in the elements with the following characteristics:
- Plans, manages, executes projects involving in trade with department personnel and customers
- The individual must execute the maintenance work done on all dry docks, which include trades such as: mechanical, electrical, and coatings.Knowledge of these trades can also be acquired through hands-on experience.
- Must be able to create, read, and interpret dry dock plans; in addition to developing and executing pumping plans.
- Must direct the upkeep and maintenance of floating dry docks as well as log and record vessels docked.
- The candidate must also ensure that floating dry docks are operating in compliance with environmental rules and regulations.
- Networking with all subcontractors/suppliers;
- Must have marine industry background and completion of Dockmaster courses.
- A requirement for initial certification and recertification (every five years) is verification from a licensed physician or physician assistant that the applicant is physically fit and free of debilitating illness and injury that could inhibit the individual from effectively performing the duties of a Dockmaster. Among the criteria that the licensed physician or physician assistant will assess are (but not limited to):
- Work in extreme temperature (heat and cold) for extended periods exceeding one hour.
- Safely move about on slippery, sloping, uneven and unstable surfaces.
- Safely enter, move about within and egress cargo tanks, cargo holds and other confined spaces that may involve maneuvering over 6 ft (1.8 m) ship framing; climbing up and down 30 ft (9.1 m) vertical ladders and 80ft (24.3 m) stairways.
- Safely move between spaces and into/out of compartments on marine vessels that can involve stepping over a door threshold or coaming of 24 inches (61 cm) in height; moving through restricted openings or man holes of 24 inches by 24 inches (61 cm X 61 cm), crouching (lowering height by bending knees); kneeling (placing knees on ground); and stooping (lowering height by bending at the waist).
- Manipulate mechanical devices using manual and digital dexterity, and strength to open and close watertight doors that may weigh up to 55 pounds (25 kg).
- Leads staff to prepare and protect facilities from weather events
- Assist, coach & mentor other staff members as needed
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Strong leadership and customer service skills
- Must have the ability to plan and work accordingly
- Direct and organize manpower and shift work efficiently.
- Order required materials, schematic & blue print reading, and prioritize all tasks at hand.
- Must be flexible in work hours
- Proficient with MS Office and various office tools
- Be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 5-10 years of industry experience, with at least 5+ years of supervisory experience.
- Work requires establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Good attitude; must be a team player.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain DBIDS and TWIC card
- Valid drivers' license in good standing, class 3 or higher