Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fort Saint John, British Columbia, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The receptionist is accountable for ensuring deliveries and shipments are coordinated, samples are logged into the database, customer requests are accommodated, paperwork is distributed accurately and general appearance of the office is maintained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain compliance with the Health, Safety, and Quality Management Systems requirements.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the Management Systems, including improvement of performance and reduction of nonconformities
- Maintain a presentable reception area.
- Greet callers and visitors and direct them to the appropriate contact.
- Perform routine typing and data entry.
- Complete waybills on shipments of outbound mail and samples
- Perform routine typing and data entry.
- Ensure projects are logged-in accurately and timely following SOPs.
- Differentiate between samples and be knowledgeable about analytical services available for each type.
- Contact clients to find out analytical testing requirements and to request incomplete information.
- Recognize routine work orders, clients, and their distribution, analysis and turn around requirements.
- Maintain and initiate communication with personnel in off site offices and laboratories as dictated by service requests.
High School Diploma and related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.