Other Skills: Hygrography, Geomatics, GEOINT, engineering, surveying, mapping, multibeam, Lidar, survey equipment integration, GPS, GNSS,
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Fugro has recently established the Hydrography Center of Excellence at its Houston campus. The core technologies and expertise of this new group revolve around bathymetry surveys, such as hydrographic and nautical charting whereby utilizing both vessel and aircraft data collections. In addition to these existing markets, the group is focused to expand into coastal zone management (CZM), oceanography, environmental and climate sciences, and law of the sea boundary claims. Moving forward, many of the technologies being developed and assessed by the group involve autonomous vessels and aircraft applications such as ASV for maritime and UAV for the airborne.
With the growing demand for these services, additional staffing is now required to support the group, and our customers. Many of the existing and future projects are in support of government coastal, oceanographic and seabed classification requirements.
This is a field survey position in the team, and is responsible for conducting hydrographic surveys. The position consists of both office and fieldwork.
Roles and Responsibilities
The following are a characterization of responsibilities both in the office and field would be;
- Review project requirements and specifications, to ensure objective of field deployment is clear.
- Assess and evaluate vessel or aircrafts for system integration and operational fit-for-purpose.
- Prepare and test field equipment suite for deployment.
- Participate in the field kick-off meetings with Fugro field staff, sub contractors, and customer representatives.
- Insure the successful execution of the project plan as efficiently and safely as possible.
- Configure and validate the data acquisition and processing software in accordance with work instructions and procedures.
- Review and assess preliminary data onsite to ensure all contract requirements are being achieved and pass required quality control.
- Create and maintain daily log sheets, as well as populate field database of results..
- Address any issues with equipment, data quality or safety concerns during the field operations.
- Capture and compile all lessons learned of the course of the project, and assist in the investigation of how to correct them moving forward.
- Ensure operations performed are carried out in an environmentally aware manner consistent with Fugro policy
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Plan
- Ensure all project personnel are familiar with the project HSE Plan as well as all applicable Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Participate in safety meetings and toolbox talks are held and the applicable JSA is referred and reviewed.
This would be a great position for candidates with survey experience in the offshore industry, and who enjoys travel, field work and team success.
Relocation may be considered for exceptionally qualified applicants.
- Ideal applicants have a strong background or education in some or all the following; geomatics, GEOINT, engineering, surveying, mapping, multibeam, Lidar, survey equipment integration, GPS, GNSS, tides, remote sensing and maritime cartography. A Category A (CAT-A) or ACSMaccreditation is also desirable.
- Technical experience with installing, integrating and calibrating survey sensors would be a strong attribute, such as; echosounders (Reson, Kongsberg, R2 Sonic or Norbit), side scan sonar, lidar, IMU (such as Applanix), tide gauge, winches, and navigation equipment.
- Survey experience with configuring and utilizing any or all of the following software would be considered a strong attribute; Caris, Qincy, Hypack, Winfrog, and PosPac.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
We are the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain your structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
Are you new to the workforce and just starting your career? Are you looking for new challenges in your field of expertise? Have you learned and acquired skills which translate easily into our global workforce? Fugro has opportunities for individuals at all career levels and experience. Explore the possibilities to Join Team Fugro!
10 Reasons To Join Fugro
Many of us have asked ourselves what are the compelling reasons that we love our jobs and what keeps us committed to this company. We want to share those reasons with you so that you know why we are so engaged and motivated by working for Fugro.
1 - We have been rewarded for our good work.
Fugro delegates responsibility to the lowest level possible meaning that there are outstanding opportunities to grow your career.
2 - We love being part of a great team.
Fugro’s team driven work environments allow us to succeed in and celebrate our work as part of a team.
3 - We work with the best and brightest.
Fugro is led by industry leading individuals who share their knowledge as mentors to others.
4 - We get to work with individuals from all over the globe.
Fugro’s diverse culture and global footprint means that we get exposed to people and cultures from all over the world.
5 - We have learned more working at Fugro than any other time in our career.
Fugro is committed to providing ongoing training and development to the staff.
6 - We chart our own course.
Fugro’s global presence means that there are virtually unlimited opportunities to grow and work internationally.
7 - We want to come home at night and we care about the communities in which we work.
Fugro has a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment.
8 - We get to work with some awesome tools.
Fugro has a passion to employ technology and innovation in the workplace.
9 - We sleep well at night knowing Fugro is a strong and stable company.
Fugro has been in existence for more than 50 years and during that time has continued to grow and prosper.
10 - We get to be part of something greater than just a Company.
Fugro is committed to corporate social responsibility and this is expressed through charitable support and volunteerism in the communities in which we live and work.