Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Malaysia
Job Title: Senior Accountant, SAC
Reference: PIR MLOC00005
Date of issue: 05/10/2018
Job Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job type/Contract: Temporary - Local contract. Start date ASAP - contract duration - 1 year.
Hours: Standard working hours
Salary range: Competive
Duties and responsibilities
• Timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual financial close. Prepare analysis, reporting, reconciliation, cash flow, and close package;
•Timely completion of Malaysia statutory financial reporting process and income tax statutory compliance;
• Perform monthly reconciliation of financial accounts as well as formulating plans for resolution of reconciling items;
• Liaise with external auditors to support on Local GAAP audit;
• Ensure compliance of Corporate Accounting Policies Local GAAP;
• Participate in controls improvement, compliance and fulfilling GROUP requirement with the internal control team;
• Ensure documentation of General Ledger work process and procedures are accurate
• Drive prepared expense and accrual compliance;
• Lead and monitor team member's performance, define expectation and set timelines in compliance with Group policies and financial deadlines;
• Have a sound understanding of profitability analysis and margin improvements;
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively summaries and interpret complex data;
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate financial analysis to non-financial people;
• Able to provide insights linking financial and business elements;
• Able to acquire new skills and knowledge quickly;
• Good understanding of business processes and activities and the underlying income and cost drivers;
• Highly organized, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time to meet deadlines;
• Cover the role of AFC coordinator when it is not in the office (vacation, business trip). Especially he has to manage the junior staff activities and has to represent a focal point for all the other departments that need information to AFC.
• Support the AFC coordinator in all tax's matters and in particular to manage the relationship with external authorities.
Knowledge & Qualifications
• Tertiary qualification in Accounting or related field;
• Professional qualification, ACCA or equivalent and an MIA/CPA member;
• Computer Skills - Spreadsheet applications and preferably working knowledge of SAP and Business Intelligence System.
• Significant experience in a similar position.
Skills and Abilities
• Malaysian speaker;
• Fluent English;
• Excellent IT and analytical skills;
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
• Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution;
• Attention to detail, strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Special Requirements and Comments
Priority will be given to candidates can start work immediately or in a short notice.
Only candidates with significant experience, consistent with the relevant field, will be considered for this position.
ONLY SPONTANEOUS CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
The information on the candidates submitted shall include:
- expected salary ($/year, gross)
- notice period (weeks)
- email address.