Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Construction Manager, Materials Management
Other Skills: AWS, CWI, NACE, API 1169, ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, Pipeline or Pipeline Facilities Material Management, Welding Engineering Degree
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
UniversalPegasus is seeking a Construction Quality Manager in Houston, TX.
As the Construction Quality Manager, you will be responsible for leading the planning, development, implementation, and closeout requirements for all construction-related Quality directives, specifications, inspection test plans/procedures (ITPs), and audits. All activities will be focused on developing, refining, and successfully implementing the UPI and client-specific Quality Management Systems (QMS) by ensuring full compliance with written and approved processes throughout the lifecycle of a project. These activities are accomplished through continual interaction between select client personnel and project team members.
- Develop, coordinate, and ensure UPI's standard Construction specifications are kept current.
- Create and document a detailed, project-specific Quality Management implementation plan with milestone schedule in support of the client's project delivery requirements for each project.
- Develop client-specific written Quality directives, specifications, and inspection test plans/procedures (ITPs).
- Develop and implement a written Construction Quality audit plan.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) that ensure project Quality goals and objectives are met.
- Act as the primary project resource responsible for coordinating with the UPI Mobile Inspection Platform (MIP) team to develop a client-specific data collection system and a complete set of compliance engine protocols in accordance with the UPI's and/or the client's project compliance and specification requirements.
- Perform process audits to ensure effective implementation of the Construction project procedures and inspection test plans/procedures (ITPs).
- Perform project performance audits to measure, analyze, and confirm Key Performance Indicators
- Keep Project Management informed of audit findings, observations, recommendations and the need for corrective measures and system improvements.
- Track and manage process improvement notes (corrective actions) from inception to closeout.
- Develop, manage, and report project quality metrics.
- Perform compliance audits to ensure the complete implementation of the Construction Quality Management System (QMS).
- Track and manage project non-compliance findings from inception to closeout.
- Develop written procurement and procurement fabrication Quality Management System (QMS) implementation plans, procedures, and inspection test plans/procedures (ITPs) in support of project specifications.
- Perform external quality audits and reviews of contractors, vendors and suppliers as required to ensure their quality management systems are fully developed and implemented in support of project-specific requirements.
- Assist with providing QA/QC input for Project Proposal package development.
- Support employee training specific to the Construction Quality Management. System(s); including the creation of supporting documents, tools and guidelines.
- Interact with Project Management and Field Inspection Management in areas where technical direction and quality support is needed.
- Provide Construction Quality inputs to support Project Execution Planning.
- Alert Project Management of potential problems, undesirable trends, and unforeseen risks related to Quality through the use of quality metrics and reporting.
- Perform Project deliverables documentation reviews and checks.
- Participate in Project Closeout and Lessons Learned activities.
- Conform to and utilize established ISO/QMS standards and procedures.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts during Construction activities by building and implementing a comprehensive Construction quality program.
- Proactively manage the effectiveness of the Quality Audit program to ensure optimum value of the program.
- Interact with Project Management to ensure the complete implementation of Construction quality plans, specifications, audits are applied to mitigate areas of concern.
- Work environment is a mixture of office and field based, and travel to the job site will be required.
- Must be physically able to walk long distances, and navigate over and around multiple objects in a variety of terrain and weather conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A full understanding and working knowledge of Quality Control and Quality Assurance plans, procedures, and methodologies.
- An understanding of the structural requirements of ISO 9001 for Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Experience and ability to write a project-specific Quality Assurance plan.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills in order to effectively work across organizational boundaries.
- Well-developed organizational skills including the ability to work independently, prioritize activities, meet commitments, and produce desired results.
- Ability to work well in a group environment and maintain a professional manner / appearance at all times.
- Strong ability to lead construction quality forums.
- Current American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) qualification required.
- A degree in Welding Engineering preferred.
- Current NACE level I (Required), NACE level II or III preferred.
- Current API 1169 preferred.
- Pipeline or Pipeline Facilities Material Management experience preferred.
- Documented experience implementing ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QMS) preferred.
- Auditing experience preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel programs.
UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide. Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safety, innovation and client service, and delivers unmatched expertise and value to oil, gas and power clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus has offices in major energy centers worldwide.
UniversalPegasus offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health care, dental, vision, 401(k), educational assistance, and PTO plans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide.
Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safe, and innovative services, while delivering unmatched expertise and value to oil and gas clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus employs over 1,500 employees and has offices in major energy centers worldwide.
Visit us on the web http://www.universalpegasus.com and connect with us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/universalpegasus-international.