Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Software Development
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under broad direction, responsible for the functional development, maintenance, and/or support of application(s) in an assigned technology, major system, or functional area (e.g., process simulation, document management, payroll, etc.).
- Duties include analysis leading to requirements/specifications, estimates, and system designs
- Assist others with programming, system testing, documentation, system deployment, training, and project setup/support often involving performing project setups, analyses, designs, etc., for/with customers
- Similar duties are often associated with the selection, acquisition, installation and configuration of applications licensed from third parties. Assist in supervising others
- Perform duties independently under general, minimal supervision within specific assignments
- Provides basic job training and guidance on a regular basis; performs work of same or closely allied nature. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined
Role and Responsibilities:
- Define business and functional requirements for Salesforce Cloud environments
- Drive requirement gathering sessions and user story development based on Agile Delivery Process
- Work with stakeholders to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access to meet business requirements and processes to drive efficiencies
- Act as a liaison between end-users and IT developers in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of the systems to ensure optimal operational performance
- Participate in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in CS, MIS, or BA and 7 years of experience in applications support and implementations, including analysis, design, programming, product selection, support and/or maintenance
- Computer skills are well developed with capability to perform analysis and develop relatively complex applications
- Previous experience in gathering business requirements and clearly translating into specifications for IT solution design
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Functional knowledge of Salesforce and associated applications and technologies
- Salesforce Advance Administrator certified
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 65146
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Information Technology
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.