Instrumentation & Electrical Engineer
Location: Pasadena, TX
Duration: Long-term contract assignment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop Instrument and Electrical scopes of work from Plant basic data
- Conduct scope and design reviews with plant personnel
- Update P&IDs and single line drawings for designers
- Plan and organize designers to complete construction packages for projects.
- Ability to handle multiple small projects required.
- Produce calculations and prepare electrical and process instrument specifications for purchase. Ability to specify E&I equipment suitable for hazardous areas required. Guide designers for installation requirements.
- Assist Project Managers to define requirements for E&I scopes for projects.
- Provide weekly status updates on project assigned.
- Familiarity with DuPont symbology, practices and standards is a plus.
- Field work to verify E&I scopes of work required as a daily task.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidates must have design and field experience in chemical or petrochemical plants.
- Previous DuPont/Chemours experience preferred but not required.
- 4 year Electrical Engineering or Control systems degree required
- 10 to 15 plus years' experience preferred
All PPE will be provided except footwear. Steel toed shoes must be worn in the plant and meet ANSI Z41 standard. Ability to climb stairs and conduct field work on a daily basis is a requirement.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.