Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Berthoud, Colorado, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
As Safety Director, you will establish and maintain all safety programs to ensure compliance to Company procedures and regulatory requirements. Maintain an accident/incident ratio at or below industry standards. Establish goals, objectives and long-term Safety strategy. Maintain records on training, accident control programs, safety inspections, accidents, incident reports, and any administrative documentation related to safety procedures and program. Ensure all personnel have access to necessary safety equipment and monitor the implementation and use of safety equipment and procedures. Maintain awareness of current industry Safety processes and regulations.
- Develop, implement, and monitor Blackeagle Energy Services Safety Programs in conjunction with established policies, procedures, and laws/regulations in order to prevent injuries and provide a safe working environment for the employees, contractors, and clients.
- Develop company-wide management and employee Safety responsibilities and Safety performance measures. Establish goals, objectives and long-term Safety strategy.
- Facilitate Safety training programs and initiatives, participate in safety inspections, investigate and report on accidents and incidents.
- Participate in the Operation's Divisional budget process as it applies to the Safety Department portion of the budget. Operate within established budget of the Department.
- Maintain routine contact with clients' Safety Managers/Representatives and act in the capacity of a Safety Public Relations representative for Blackeagle Energy Services.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence individual awareness and actions regarding Safety policies and procedures at all levels, without direct management authority over personnel. Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders to meet Safety goals. Ability to communicate Safety objectives and direct internal and contract activities related to the safety program.
- Ability to work independently, skilled in planning and formulating procedures, executing and monitoring programs. Establish proactive Safety programs for accident and injury prevention.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated flexibility in presentation of topics to meet a variety of stakeholders' styles. Capable of resolving and/or addressing issues in a timely manner; ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully to gain desired results.
- Strong background in pipeline fabrication and construction environment. Current knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations and restrictions. Excellent facilitator and able to motivate others to follow the Safety procedures.
- Analytical reasoning and problem solving skills to promote Safety program, improvement and review company accident reports and implement follow-up action plans.
- Proficient in Microsoft windows environment, using Word, Excel, and e-mail.
- 10+ years of a proven track record in developing, and implementing Safety programs and initiatives.
- BA or BS degree in EH&S or comparable education.
- CSP and/or CHCM certification.
- Experience in facilitating a wide range of Safety Programs.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the Oil & Gas service industry.