Berthoud, Colorado, United States
Berthoud, Colorado, United States
Skills: Executive, Operations Management
Other Skills: Operations Management, Project Management, Field Services, Pipeline, Facilities
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Berthoud, Colorado, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Vice President of Operations guides and directs all Operations function within Blackeagle Energy Services. With an overall profit and loss responsibility for all operations - field services, facilities and pipeline, the Vice President also supports the business development of Blackeagle. The Vice President of Operations will have the opportunity to develop, implement and manage strategic goals and objections for the Operating Divisions. While maintaining a high standard of performance, profitability and safety, this position is responsible for monitoring, evaluating, managing, and reporting on the results of field projects, their costs and profits. The Vice President of Operations will provide outstanding operational direction and leadership. Leading the Operations Divisions to achieve superior levels of performance and profitability, as measured by safety, financial and customer satisfaction. The chosen candidate will assess the existing operations then develop and implement an appropriate strategy that addresses both short-term and long-term operational challenges that are in line with Blackeagle's strategic goals. The Vice President will establish targets and measure results.
• Drive and support Blackeagle's commitment to safety as a top priority for the business.
• Plan, secure, and maintain personnel and equipment required to meet optional needs within the guidelines of the established budget. Monitor, measure and report on progress and overall performance.
• Maximize EBITDA results while providing excellent customer service.
• Establish the right structure and processes to proactively manage the Operations Divisions and monitor profitability.
• Lead the entire operations network and improve profitability by instilling strong operating controls and disciplined work processes.
• Establish credibility and earn the respect of long-tenured customers. Develop and maintain key customer and relationships that create an atmosphere of mutual respect.
• Develop a cohesive team that functions in a collaborative and decisive manner in an environment that stimulates open communication and teamwork across the organization.
• Provide leadership and direction to the Divisions through a process of managing, coaching and developing direct reports. Provide a consistent and professional environment that promotes integrity, sound business practices, and a work ethic consistent with the culture of Blackeagle.
• Establish a metrics driven approach to decision making, utilizing contemporary process and systems for planning and executing annual operating plans set with KPIs.
• Ensures that all departmental staff, ensure they are professionally managed, mentored and developed as part of performance management practice. Establish measurements to monitor individual and group performance.
• Develop written processes and procedures for field operations and the coordination of all Divisions work efforts. Establish measurements to monitor individual and group performance.
• Monitors and manages job costs, overhead and margins to ensure consistent profitability and to identify and make improvements where needed.
Job Specific Competencies
• Demonstrated Leadership, projecting and motivating people toward business objectives and the Company vision. Ability to visualize and creatively solve problems on a "big picture" level. Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
• Ability to plan and develop goals that support the Company goals. Possess a keen sense of priorities and ability to organize resources in a multiple project environment, to meet schedules within allocated budgets.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing at all levels internally and externally. Ability to address delicate or sensitive issues on a timely basis in a manner that brings resolution.
• General knowledge and understanding of Company financial reports; ability to track and project costs and potential revenues and make decisions based on the financial reports. Projects with accuracy an annual Division budget. Competent and familiar with the bid process to secure projects within the desired profit model.
• Has demonstrated experience in the areas of responsibility. Knowledge of pertinent Federal, State, and Local regulations governing the construction of pipelines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows environment, using Word, Excel, Outlook and e-mail. Ability to create spreadsheets for tracking and monitoring projects.
A minimum of 10 years of experience in facilities and pipeline construction within the Oil & Gas or related industrial service industries.
Service industry management experience in both large and small companies within energy or industrial services organizations.
A history of improving operations and profitability in a complex multi-service environment with a diverse base of operational experience.
Demonstrated ability to successfully deploy and manage complex operational projects to a dispersed workforce, to include achieving project milestones and budgets.
A problem solver with a demonstrated history of implementing continuous procedure improvement with a metrics driven approach to margin enhancement with specific focus on cost, pricing and productivity.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited institution.