Skills: Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Develop the Scope Development Process and ensure that the different stages are being followed with the key steps and deliverables delivered as below.
- Develop a tank general information sheet with critical, key information regarding the tank required to support and validate proper engineering.
- Obtain 12-month preliminary, anticipated scope list from the team of key members and stakeholders of the tank maintenance shutdown programme.
- Challenge any anticipated scope list items that does not have proper justification.
- Conduct pre-inspection review meeting with Pressure Equipment Integrity (PEI) to validate the scope of the inspection task and obtain written inspection scope of work to identify the areas that require repairs, replacement and/or maintenance.
- Review API 653 inspection findings from contractor while the contractor is on site. Confirm asset integrity scope of work
- Initiate scope freezes firstly to start the scheduling and costs estimation and then the final and formal scope freeze in which addendum is needed to modify the scope
- Update/develop final scope of work details and submit to Tank Maintenance Program Lead for final distribution.
- Provide a confirmed scope list to the Tank Maintenance Program Lead and the contractor executing the mechanical scope.
- Approved QA/QC documents
- Develop tank maintenance plan and conduct SIMOPS workshop to optimise tank maintenance sequence.
- Develop a robust scope development process to build detailed, fit for purpose and technically sound scopes of work for executing planned storage tank maintenance.
- Lead and drive the scope development process to gather scopes from the various stakeholders to achieve a detailed, fit for purpose and technically sound scopes of work in the timelines needed to meet the shutting down date of the tanks.
- Provide the Tank Programme Lead with confirmed material and work scope lists in time to meet materials delivery and to develop plans and schedules to achieve handing back of the tanks as per business requirement.
- Lead and drive the review of the plan and schedule developed against the scope of work through the facilitating of Simultaneous Operations workshops (SIMOPS).
- Drive Inspection for discovery scopes to avoid late discoveries and revise scope of work accordingly.
- Work with Cost Engineer to prepare approval of shutdown budgets.
- Act as Change Agent to initiate improved methods / strategies and introduce new equipment in the executing of tank maintenance work activities.
- Partake in benchmarking processes in line with Shell Global requirement and support assurance activities by Technical Authorities and Engineering.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in storage tank maintenance / projects in the Oil and Gas Industry with proven records in reliability / integrity assurance and maintenance execution
- A technical diploma / degree with knowledge of API650 / 653 requirements
- Skill on Job Hazard Analysis, Confined Space Entry and Permitry to Work system
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video