Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our Subsurface & Technology department is in need of a Reservoir Engineer to join our leading Analytics & Data Science team. The ideal candidate will apply their knowledge of reservoir, completions and economic analysis with statistical methods to optimize the asset value in the Delaware Basin. The candidate will work in a team environment with data scientists, geoscientists, completions engineers and other reservoir engineers. This is a perfect opportunity to be part of an innovative and energetic team that develops algorithms and performs analysis to influence our future field development.
- Minimum 8 years of reservoir, production, drilling, and/or completions experience required, including 2+ years supporting unconventional reservoirs, preferably in tight oil and/or Permian region of West Texas / New Mexico
- Demonstrated experience in economic analysis using ARIES or PEEP
- Experience with well performance analysis in unconventional reservoirs using decline curve analysis, pressure transient analysis (PTA) and/or rate transient analysis (RTA)
- Prefer data visualization experience using Spotfire or Tableau and data analysis experience with SAS JMP or SPSS
- Prefer familiarity in statistical analysis, predictive analytics, multivariate analysis, optimization algorithms and have a working knowledge of statistical packages in Python or R
- Demonstrated ability to handle ambiguity in analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to function collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team
- Awareness of and demonstration of Anadarko's Core Values
- Collaborate effectively with multiple disciplines at varying levels of experience
- Recommend data gathering and testing programs to help enhance subsurface understanding
- Monitor and evaluate well performance using analytical techniques in order to provide direction on appraisal and development strategies
- Work with the team to integrate statistical results with engineering analysis using available geological and geophysical data to characterize the reservoir and optimize future development
- Present analysis to varying levels of technical and management audiences
Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related engineering discipline required. Master's or PhD strongly preferred
This position may be eligible for relocation
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.