Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Anadarko is looking for a Project Controls Manager to support the pre-execution and execution of the Anadarko Mozambique Area 1 (AMA1) Gas Development Project for project controls cost and schedule activities. This position reports to the Global LNG Project Services Manager.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of seven (7) years' experience, with a strong preference for ten plus years (10+) in a construction or engineering environment within the oil and gas industry. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required:
- Experience in risk management, developing advanced level analysis, understanding of earned value management, experience with value engineering as well as trending, claims, forecasting and contract negotiations.
- Strong leadership and problem solving capabilities with ability to manage a broad spectrum of business activities under stressful conditions.
- Extensive knowledge of project management and project controls principles and concepts.
- Proficient with project management tools, i.e., planning (Primavera), cost management and risk management.
- Effective communication skills - listening, verbal and written. Fluent oral and written knowledge of English is required.
- Responsible and accountable working to high performance standards.
- Experience supporting LNG and/or mega Deep-Water projects is preferred.
- Ability to pass Company physical, drug screen and background security check.
- Must be willing to travel periodically as required including to Europe, Asia, Africa and other project locations, as needed.
- Develop and support negotiation of contract exhibits for cost, schedule, milestone payments, progress payments, earned value measurement, change orders, and unit rates.
- Lead effort to determine schedule interfaces between multiple contractors and resolve schedule conflicts.
- Plan activities of the Project Controls Team to create and implement the appropriate work processes, practices, and procedures.
- Develop, implement and manage effective project controls, including cost, budget, schedule, and progress tracking.
- Participate in the establishment of risk management protocols, procedures, and reports required for risk assessment and assess risk occurrence as it pertains to probability, budget and schedule impacts.
- Establish reporting criteria, content and format for monthly project status reports.
- Provide reports and analysis to internal and external customers on an as needed basis.
- Other tasks as required by Project Services Manager.
Bachelors of Science degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Project Management or related field is required.
Certificate of Project Management Professional (PMP) from PMI, or similar industry recognized training is a plus.
AACE Certification or similar industry recognized certifications are a plus.
Fluent oral and written knowledge of English is required.
The percentage of domestic and international travel required for this position is 30%.
Work Schedule and Location
Initially based in The Woodlands, Texas at Anadarko's offices. The role will transition to sit onsite at contractor's office in Yokohama, Japan for 18 to 24 months. Eventually, the role will maintain a 28/28 rotation at the LNG project site in Afungi, Mozambique.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.