Skills: Commercial Management, Legal, LNG
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Sr. Counsel/Counsel - Commercial, LNG is a member of the Global LNG Legal Practice Group, located in The Woodlands, TX, and will report to the Commercial Lead of the LNG practice Group on a day-to-day basis. The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering the necessary legal and commercial agreement and business solutions to the Company's world-class $20B LNG project located in Mozambique.
The successful candidate will have 8 or more for Counsel (OR 12 or more for Sr. Counsel) years of legal experience at a top-tier law firm or multinational corporation.
- Experience in the LNG industry is strongly preferred, but significant experience with large scale, international mega projects in the energy sector will also be considered.
- Incorporation and legal support of various special purpose entities established in various jurisdictions
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate numerous commercial agreements, including shareholder agreements, LNG Usage agreements, shared facility agreements, infrastructure agreements, joint venture agreements, etc.
- Provide general legal support to commercial team of the LNG business unit
- Proven track record of working on complex projects involving numerous internationally-based partners
- Ability to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated deal experience (deal list, including candidate's roles, should be provided)
- Successfully collaborate across multiple functions within Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (e.g. tax, risk management, project finance, treasury, etc.) to develop business and legal solutions to the commercial and legal risks confronting the LNG project and build consensus on complex issues.
- Serve as a key member of the LNG legal team and must collaborate effectively with other legal colleagues
- Manage the work of any outside counsel to ensure the highest quality legal representation in a cost-effective manner
- Communicate with senior and executive management on commercial and legal issues as necessary
Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
Licensed, and in good standing, to practice law in the United States, United Kingdom or equivalent
This position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is approximately 30%
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.