Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
He/She reports to the Global Categories Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinates the development, communication and implementation of medium and long term sourcing strategies, as well as tactical sourcing plans with the goal of assuring quality and delivery performance while minimizing total cost of ownership
- Consolidates requirements (key portfolio figures, need types, internal constraints)
- Performs upstream market analysis (market characteristics, key factors, trends)
- Assesses risks and prepares mitigation plans
- Leads the evaluation of current and prospective Suppliers; identifies cost drivers and sets targets
- Proposes future sourcing positioning and sets objectives
- Defines the short list of Preferred Suppliers for every assigned category
- Supervises the implementation of the different sourcing plans up to supplier, process and part qualifications; monitors plan implementation compliance with the sourcing strategy
- As part of the Performance Management, builds high-performance, self-sustaining teams by ensuring that the accountabilities are articulated and performance is managed
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks
- Complies with all Schlumberger procedures applicable to the job function
- Specific deliverables of the position : Formal sourcing strategy for the assigned categories - Preferred list of Suppliers per sub-category - Sourcing plans execution according to timetable - Supplier risk assessments
- Key Performance metrics that relate to the job : Formal sourcing strategy deployed and reviewed twice a year - Sourcing plan achievement vs. plan - Cost savings
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing
- Minimum 8-12 years' experience in Category management position
- Candidates with leadership, sound business ethics, consistency with principles, values, and behaviour
- Related oilfield commodities/suppliers experience
- Able to work in teams and good communicators
- Must be Analytical and structured and be able to influence change
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.