Skills: IT - Software Development, IT - Sys Admin & Support, Marketing
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The ideal candidate will serve as the general technology resource for the Corporate Marketing and Communications department, working with platforms for both internal and external communications. This position requires strong technical competence in web updating, using various software-publishing platforms, and must be able to troubleshoot, research and provide solutions. Communication and collaboration skills, along with precise attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills are imperative to this position.
Successful candidates must be highly reliable and able to respond quickly to issues and requests when needed during regular business hours and at times, off business hours. They must possess strong written and verbal communications, time management skills, and the ability to multitask in support of quickly changing priorities and varying deadlines.
This person must be a highly engaged, team player and maintain relationships with co-workers, other department stakeholders, and external customers within the Company. They must be able to work independently with minimal instruction and direction and be able to express or translate complex technical information into non-technical, user-friendly terminology. The successful candidate must also demonstrate strong initiative, the ability to maintain accurate records, and maintain internal and external system standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Web environment support
- WCMS development, management and support
- Management and optimization of systems to ensure integrity and performance
- Optimization of applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection best practices
- Liaison between larger Company wide IT policy and procedures
Qualifications and Experience:
- Possession of a bachelor's degree in information systems/technology, math, business or a related field and three (3) years of directly related work experience OR, any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop), and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Fundamental knowledge of networking, SMTP, DNS, hardware and system architecture, Cloud hosting is a plus
- Backend data migration
- Management of both cloud and on-prem hosting environments, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, ability to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as InDesign and/or Photoshop are preferred.
- Proficient understanding of code repositories and code deployment
- Sitecore certification is a plus
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship now or in the future
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.