Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Online Systems Developer in the Marketing Communication group manages the technical content systems and IT related processes in support of online customer engagement. Supports the integration of assigned systems with other third-party systems and technology (such as e-mail systems, web monitoring systems, traffic analytics, and other online interaction systems/ technologies).
He/She reports to Marcom IT Application Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate closely with content managers for all new technology introductions.
- Maintain, communicate and coordinate changes in technical systems that support and improve online engagement for Digital Marketing staff, Recruiting, and other sites as assigned. Train staff in the use of new tools and make them aware of new capabilities.
- Develop and manage system changes to reduce negative impact and interference with business processes.
- Provide technical support to project managers who are implementing new websites and online applications.
- WCMS development, management, and support (including systems architecture, systems upgrade and maintenance, user support, front end development)
- Manage integration and maintain online systems for acquired companies.
- Support ancillary applications/systems that are integrated with web properties, including coordination with third-party vendors/suppliers.
- Support reporting technologies (e.g., Google Analytics) that measure visits and impact. Manage relationships with Schlumberger IT and suppliers to maintain public-facing Schlumberger presence to standards.
- Enable new technologies (Sitecore Experience Database (xDB); new look, feel, and content navigation).
- Demonstrate leadership in web-enabled tools and techniques. Provide information to exploit the capabilities of the new slb.com and content workflow.
- Support technologies (e.g., xDB, WorkFront, Widen, Brightcove) that provide metrics for visits, impact.
- Communicate Digital Marketing plans to Digital Makerting group, to facilitate planning of downtime, after-hours support, etc.
- Participate in after-hours support of global Digital Marketing online systems.
- Assess technological advancements and communicate best practices deployed by industry peers to content workers and DM staff.
- Manage SharePoint portal for Digital Marketing
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or Information Systems Management, or a similar degree. MBA or MS degree in Information Systems Management preferred.
- Certification in ASP .NET Sitecore Developers.
- Minimum three+ years' experience on;
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Database Management / Integration
- Source Control
- Sitecore / Equivalent WCMS
- Developing systems using ITIL or ISO application lifecycle best practices
- Helpdesk management experience.
- Proven experience in successful rollout of multi-user systems including web content systems and/or mobile applications.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.