Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Supplier Manager (Raw Materials) manages the global relationship with an assigned supplier, or group of suppliers, in accordance with the sourcing strategy set by the Global Category Manager.
He/She reports to the Category or Sub-Category Manager.
Functional Report (when applicable): GeoMarket Procurement & Sourcing Manager. Expected to work closely with the Sourcing, Procurement, Contracts and Quality teams. Ensures assigned Management Sponsor is kept current and involved in supplier development and management plans.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sets performance objectives to assigned suppliers (quality improvement, on-time delivery, lead-time reduction, cost reduction)
- Defines baseline, improvement targets and monitors progress through a regularly updated supplier scorecard
- Prepares and leads quarterly management reviews (scorecards with main performance indicators, strategic positioning evaluation, 3-year business perspectives, and strategic product/market developments)
- Identifies and selects project teams for supplier development (involving Operations, Manufacturing, Sustaining and Quality) and seeks allocation of resources as appropriate
- Ensures that that supplier capacity is aligned with the demand
- Reviews and consolidates internal demand and arbitrates priorities
- Prepares and manages negotiations in accordance with sourcing strategy
- Ensures negotiated agreements are properly executed and complied with
- Leads the supplier risk assessment and ensures quarterly updates
- Communicates the supplier's strategy and all key events of the relationship to the Category, Sourcing, Supplier Quality teams, and Geographical Procurement and Sourcing Managers. Reports deviations to plan and takes appropriate actions to correct them
- Identifies opportunities and implements action plans to continually reduce waste.
- Specific deliverables of the position : Supplier scorecard (KPIs, Quality Incidents, etc.). - Supplier development plan and roadmap (3 Year Plan). - Supplier engagement strategy. - On-time delivery, lead time and non-conformance improvement targets. - Pricing and cost reduction targets.
- Key Skills : - Ability to work under pressure - Excellent interpersonal skills - Ability to negotiate complex commercial agreements - Excellent communication and presentation skills. - Integrity in business dealings. - Ability to develop supplier relationships
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing or Business.
- Minimum experience of 7 years as a Supplier Manager
- Candidates with leadership, sound business ethics, consistency with principles, values, and behaviour
- Related oilfield raw materials/ commodities experience
- Must be Analytical and structured and be able to influence change
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.