Skills: Safety Officer, Safety Training Rep, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Responsible for directing and implementing safety programs for the region including training, policies and procedures, safety practices, Basics to Success (BTS) program and other related duties. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Safety Manager
Directs Reports: None
- Assists managers/supervisors in region with the Basics to Success (BTS) program which includes involvement in implementation, training, audits, and committee meetings; may conduct new hire orientation on BTS to insure process is understood
- Travels to locations in assigned territory
- Performs safety audits, visits, and environmental assessments for worksites
- Conducts training and retraining for new hires and existing employees
- Assists in managing injuries and accidents including doctor visits, ER, follow-up care, and accident investigations
- Participates in client required meetings, training, investigations, and evaluations
- Reports weekly and quarterly inspections of rig and yard audits
- Facilitates monthly safety meetings
- Gathers and disseminates incident details, near-misses, client and government recommendations and trends
- Frequent overnight travel to include nights and weekends on occasion
- May be required to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- 1+ years of safety experience preferably in the oil & gas industry
- Advanced knowledge of industry standards regarding OSHA, DOT, and safety regulations
- Proficient general office and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee data and information
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable MVR
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel extensively and stay out of town as required
- Ability to multi-task
- 2+ years of college
- Professional safety certifications
- Long periods of sitting and standing may be necessary
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Climbing and walking daily
- Driving daily to various locations
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment