Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
My client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer on a 12 months renewable contract to be, based in the Netherlands, Rotterdam.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will:
• Manage the main mechanical equipment and package units from concept through basic engineering up to EPC and start-up of the refinery complexes,
• Monitoring and analysing that concept and equipment selection is optimized taking into account technical and commercial performance (including HSE),
• Supervise licensors and engineering contractors on the mechanical equipment and package units, will provide support to complete necessary technical requirements for equipment selection, supplier selection and start up and operational requirements,
• Perform supplier selection and follow up delivery and installation of equipment and package units,
• Be the point of contact for clients and suppliers regarding all mechanical questions and comments.
• Manage the mechanical equipment and package units from concept to start-up of the production facility and proved necessary support to the Client when needed.
• Monitor quality to ensure project get the equipment as specified and meeting HSE requirements.
• Participate in the projects in all phases: Concept/BEP/FEED/EPC to ensure continuity and that all learnings are maintained in the project and taken from project to project.
• Maintain the mechanical knowledge database of the company with learnings from each project.
• Upgrade the knowledge base with new developments in the mechanical field and where necessary develop partnerships with key suppliers.
• Support the team with his/her knowledge to ensure best results are, achieved for the Clients and the company.
• Monitor and advice on commercial advantages to be, achieved and being cost conscious for Client and the company.
• Bachelor degree, or higher, in a technical and commercial related field such as Mechanical Engineering;
• 10 - 15 years of Mechanical Equipment (static + rotating) in complex Engineering and EPC projects with (petro-) chemical companies/contractors preferably in PMC role;
• Familiar with preparing engineering data and mechanical drawings for external clients/suppliers;
• Experience in testing of equipment e.g. pressure testing of vessels and performance testing of rotating equipment;
• Good general knowledge of mechanical fabrication production methods;
• Must be fluent in English, both spoken and written;
• Well verse in relevant internationally acceptable codes, standards, and best practices such as but not limited to ASME II, V, VIII, IX, B31.3, B31.4, API;
• Potential software experience such as PVElite, TANK (by Intergraph), HTRI, BJACK.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!