Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Skills: Operations Management, Chemical Engineering, Stimulation
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Strong Base Salary + Bonus + Car Allowance + Excellent Benefits + 401K
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Our partner is a leading international specialty chemicals company with sales in excess of $1 billion. With a global team of approximately 2000 employees, located in more than 20 countries, their footprint in market is both large and varied. Relying on manufacturing plants housed in North America and Europe, our partner produces innovative chemical solutions for the oilfield, oil refinery, and personal care markets.
Our partner is a market leader in designing, formulating and producing oilfield chemicals for drilling, completions and production applications. With a focus on delivering the very best chemical technologies to drive performance our partner supports customers and projects in every major play/ basin within the United States. With steady growth being realized within this business and as the market continues to rebound, we are seeking an experienced Technical Services Manager located in Midland, TX to join this team.
In this role you will be responsible for the regional management of the technical team and processes as it pertains to production chemicals. A true partner to their sales organization, you will assist the sales team with maintaining existing business and growing opportunities with new customers. As such, this role will consist of field visits to customer locations to assist with project work, customer requirement identification, solutions creation, training and project/solution roll outs. Your previous technical management/ representative experience (minimum five years) supporting oilfield chemicals coupled with post-secondary education in either Chemistry or Engineering, or ten years relevant oilfield chemical experience will be both appreciated and valued. An analytical thinker who works well independently, you possess excellent communication and problem solving skills. Your strong work ethic will be appreciated when timelines are tight and when working to deadline.
This is the opportunity of a lifetime - a career changer - where you will join an experienced team who love what they do, strive for excellence and create meaningful, long term careers
- Undertake production system surveys. Problem diagnoses. Chemical selection and application, preparation and presentation of technical recommendations to customers, and chemical selection validation
- Be conversant about in-field petroleum production practices
- Support the region in business development and maintenance of existing accounts
- Support the technical requirements of region sales and management staff
- Network with Technical Representatives within the Company and other areas for best practice skills and product knowledge sharing
- Develop and lead programs as directed by technical management to address industry, customer and sales / business initiatives.
- Customer/Site visits to support sales force and enhance presence within existing accounts and to capture new customers to increase sales. 25-50% travel throughout region is anticipated.
- Knowledge for screening all Innospec product lines for the purpose of selecting appropriate application
- Previous product formulation background preferred
Reporting to the Senior Vice President Technical and Analytical Services - Oilfield Division
- Monthly project reviews/ technical reports
- Mentoring individuals supporting the product lines and programs
- Develop objectives, and carry out performance reviews of support staff
- Manage the CTS (Customer Technical Services) expenses for the entire region
- Experience - Minimum 5 years' Technical Services experience in oilfield chemicals for production applications and are fully conversant with upstream / midstream chemicals. Specialty chemical recommendations and applications experience is essential.
- Education - Bachelor's Degree or High School Diploma + equivalent experience
- Knowledge - Technical knowledge of chemical applications in oil & gas production. Complete understanding of oilfield processes is required. Chemistry and Metallurgy Application background in Paraffin, Corrosion, Scale and Hydrate Inhibition, Emulsion Breakers and Water Clarifiers, Scavengers, Dissolvers, Cleaners and Biocides.
- Technical & Team Leadership Skills - Previous experience having led technical and laboratory teams, within a production focused Chemical business (Chemical Companies, Major Operators) is desired. Previous experience working closely with sales teams to create customer specific solutions and responding to technical proposals (both solicited and unsolicited) is key.
- Excellent technical communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational abilities is desired
- Highly competitive base salary and annual performance bonus
- Company Vehicle with gas card
- Excellent benefits with unmatched medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Lovely 401(k) program with company match
Interested? Let's Chat! Please contact Kathleen