Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger has an opening in Houston, Texas for a Digital Avatar Architect. The Digital Avatar Architect designs and communicates the architectural vision of the product. The architect should have a solid grasp of multicomponent distributed systems and messaging and communications protocols. Experience with microservices and container-based architectures is highly desirable.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Responsible for architecting complex technical solutions within or across business organizations that meet system requirements.
- Ensures appropriate consistency of product line, systems and solutions architecture across multiple projects
- Interfaces with architects on related systems to ensure the system architecture fits within the overall product roadmaps, and define interfaces for information exchange with other systems/software
- Coordinates design and integrity among system elements as they are being developed
- Works with testing and QA/QC to ensure solution meets requirements
- Actively participates in intellectual property (protection of and compliance with) decisions
- Author/co-authors technical papers
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering in the software field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience working as a Digital Avatar Architect.
- Experience designing multi-component software stacks, including persistence layers, messaging, middleware layers, and front-end/presentation layers.
- Familiarity with commercial and open-source software products and ability to select best of breed components for platform development
- Consulting and/or systems integration experience
- Experience with microservices and container-based architectures
- Knowledge of real-time applications
- DevOps and Agile methodology experience
- embedded software, enterprise and business systems experience
- Experience with one or more communication protocols and related technologies such as MQTT, RabbitMQ, Modbus, and OPC-UA
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Expert level English written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.