Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kouilou, Republic of the Congo
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking to hire an Attorney, Congolese national for our Legal operations in Pointe-Noire, Congo.
The Attorney assists with the provision of legal assistance & advice in support of Geomarket Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates legal and commercial documents including letters of intent, supplier/procurement agreements, leases and licenses;
- Handles complex commercial contracts and contract disputes; provides support and assistance to the GeoMarket Legal Counsel and assigned countries' management.
- Interacts with other Country support functions and departments ensuring the Legal Department's involvement in all matters that may give rise to legal exposure;
- Provides guidance and assistance to ensure all operations and business activities in the assigned countries are carried out in compliance with local laws and regulations;
- Shares with other assigned countries' management team members responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of compliance with Schlumberger Corporate Policies, Standards and Procedures and, indirectly, with Schlumberger Limited's legal and regulatory obligations;
- Participates in compliance incident reviews in the assigned countries, undertakes Operations Assurance Reviews and coordinates legal aspects of internal audits and Trade Control Compliance Reviews;
- Provides and assists with compliance training for operations, other functions and Management in the assigned countries;
- Ensures the "integrity" of Schlumberger's corporate structure, entities and records in the assigned countries and provides support to the responsible Corporate Administrator;
- Provides overall legal advice to assigned countries' management and is actively involved in assigned countries' business plans, growth strategies and operations as part of the Management Team.
- Manages and strictly controls all external costs (e.g. legal fees and expenditures) and internal costs related to the Legal function's impact on the assigned countries' profit & loss;
- Drafts and implements assigned countries' specific procedures, guidelines and templates;
- Performs any other required or assigned tasks.
Competence & Experience:
- Law Degree and related national professional legal qualifications for the respective countries, preferably in Civil Law.
- At least 5 years legal post-qualification experience in a law firm or corporate environment, preferably in a Civil law environment.
- French & English speaking.
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.