Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for a Senior Reservoir Simulation Engineer - Heavy Oil for our Kuwait operations.
The Reservoir Simulation Engineer - Heavy Oil is a key technical contributor working in the areas of Reservoir Engineering with a good understanding of other domains and belongs to the Schlumberger Technical Community. He/she integrates the knowledge from Reservoir data, creates and enhances reservoir models; predict fluid behavior and estimates impact on production, to get a field level picture of the reservoir and propose field development plans including high level economics and EOR options for heavy oil field development and exploitation.
Supervisor: Technical Team Lead / Operations Manager / Project Manager
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Typical work activities include estimating the potential of a reservoir in order to determine potential fluid flow. Creating and enhancing reservoir models that simulate fluid flow, phase behavior and reservoir physical properties. Analyzing the properties of fluid to predict fluid behavior and estimate the impact on production characteristics. Investigating enhanced oil recovery options, e.g. by using water injection.
- As above involves quality control of available data to determine reservoir characteristics and uses the data to develop field wide relationships and fluid properties rather than single well data.
- Should understand the interaction/overlap with other disciplines/multi-projects for clients with the objective to offer suitable risked opportunities in pre-established areas adding reserves and/or energy resources.
- Must have strong knowledge and experience in development of heavy oil reservoirs.
- Builds simulation models for field performance and fluid behavior to predict reservoir performance and then validates the model with actual reservoir data.
- Uses knowledge of the reservoir to determine enhanced recovery techniques and the suitability of options especially for Heavy Oil Fields
- Understands reservoir economics and is able to make technical and fiscal recommendations
- The Reservoir Engineer constructs Field Development Plans to optimize reservoir production. These long-term multi Well studies require months of efforts and produce results that can be applied for the life cycle of the field. Typically, he/she upscales geological models for dynamic fluid flow analysis using a numerical simulator.
- Proficient in the use of software such Eclipse, OFM, PETREL, PIPESIM, PVTi and SAPHIR and other industry standard software
- Identifies technical solutions that are clearly relevant to client needs and impact SLB business.
- Establishes a good network with key clients as well as local professional society and academia.
- Is responsible for timely execution of the work with all designated resources. He/She is expected to learn, mentor, coach, contribute and actively engage in the technical community.
- Provides active mentoring to the Geomarket technical community, exploration geoscientists and/or technicians assigned to work on a common project.
- The key skill the reservoir engineer brings is one of integration - not only relying merely on simulation models, but also looking for alternative ways to identify opportunities for development optimization and cost reduction, and is thus more concerned with the larger picture than with the details of specific simulations. At Senior, the engineer should be comfortable discussing integration with geosciences and production disciplines, seeking an understanding of the risks and uncertainties associated with different aspects of any development plan being proposed.
- They work as a Consultant on long term field studies and risk assessments for Reservoir and Production Optimization studies.
- Has knowledge of operating practices of services pertinent to discipline as well as practical understanding of the software process and contributes constructively to its improvement. Local practices and procedures apply.
- Makes independent studies, analysis, interpretations and conclusions.
- Helps evaluating new services and techniques under field test.
- Offers technical guidance to Geoscientists or Technicians assigned to work on a common project.
- Organizes client seminars, understands and catalogues client needs and implements solutions.
- Represents the Organization at Service Quality meetings, forums and conferences.
- May participate in recruiting
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete all required safety training
Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in place of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree or other higher Degree in Petroleum Engineering/ Chemical Engineering
Minimum 12 Years in Oil & Gas Companies/ Oilfield Service Companies
Competencies to be kept current:
- Problem Solving
- Intermediate to Advanced skill in project estimation
- Can handle projects of medium-high complexity
- Creative and innovative in providing quality solutions, advanced skills in analysis and design of solutions
- Expert skill in techniques, tools, processes and practices within area of expertise
- Advanced Decision Making: Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies.
- Strategic approach to identifying potential future problems. Acts consistently over the long term to create opportunities or avoid potential risks.
- Contributes to the team/area to optimum performance levels through leadership abilities
- Establishes goals in order to meet objectives.
- Provides strategic direction and support to area.
- Advanced mentoring skills
- Manages the coordination of activities of defined area with responsibility for costs, methods and personnel.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills: Frequently interacts with peer groups, subordinates and senior management within and externally from area advising on area of responsibilities. Interaction normally involves the ability to gain confidence, persuade and give complex presentations of information concerning specific projects/schedules etc
- An inspirational presenter who is able to cope with any audience and adapt presentation on the move.
- Customer oriented, actively communicates with internal and/or external customers to ensure service level exceeds expectations.
- Ensures that the organization understands and meets changing market needs, interpreting external influences and setting long-term customer strategy.
- Multidisciplinary integration capabilities of information in the geosciences environment with other disciplines for synergy enhancement.
- Good understanding of company strategy.
- Ability to analyze area in the identification of risks and methods of applying company strategy.
- Ability to build and implement strategic plans for a project.
- Advanced understanding of and practice of the principles of Quality Management
- Good understanding of own Product Line's range of services & products, and the relationship to other parts of OFS.
- Knows strengths, competitive advantage and position in market place
- Actively participates in Oil & Gas E&P forums, symposiums, etc.
- Promotes standards & develops procedures to improve quality
- Is familiar with the way our customers work and can apply this to deliver improvements of commercial benefit
- Focuses on efficient use of resources and facilities to achieve organizational goals from local business demands.
Managing the Assigned Tasks
- Has advanced functional and technical skills required to do the job.
- Capable of setting of own and team's objectives and identifies key requirements.
- Balances priorities & interfaces with internal/external customers & stakeholders to ensure expectations are met.
- Able to identify, assess & manage risk effectively in a project based environment.
- Develops plans & critical paths for complex projects.
- Co-ordinates and liaises between projects which involve cross-disciplinary resources, monitoring a number of different projects at different stages of the project cycle, and checking achievements to key milestones. Ensures objectives are achieved within budget.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.