Skills: Casing, Field Service Tech
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Supervise, manage, operate and perform preventative maintenance operational planning and implementation on Casing and Tubular Running Equipment .To safely operate casing, as mentioned on Service Technician I JD. Teaching skills and monitoring the overall job situation, and safety aspects. To safely operate casing/tubing tongs, power units, tubular handling and cleaning equipment, Torque Turn services and equipment, bottom hole assembly make-up; Historic and other specialized oilfield equipment used in tubular make-up and testing services.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• When on Stand By, keeps in contact with Operations Manager and stay in contact by means of telephone.
• Perform TRS Field Services as per the requirements
• Demonstrate and provide Leadership in Safe Behavior
• Demonstrate high level of participation in Safety Programs and Systems - Embrace Discipline
• Willingness to Listen and Learn - Be Responsive
• Provide High Level of Well Site Supervision and Standards
• Positive Attitude - Act With Intensity
• To attend daily safety & morning meeting at designated bases.
• Conduct Competency Assessments
• Overall responsibility for crews and jobs onshore. Acting as point of contact with Company Representative.
• Overall responsibility for safe working practices on site and full knowledge of the Company HSE Manual and procedures.
• Completion of all necessary job and equipment paperwork in line with Company procedures
• Training of Junior Technicians and assessment of their progress.
• Monitoring performance of Technicians. Ability to undertake performance appraisal reports.
• To safely and satisfactorily perform any given casing tong assignment.
• Know the operation and routine maintenance requirements of all tubular handling and cleaning equipment.
• Know routine and specific maintenance procedures as they relate to power tongs and power units
• Preparation of accurate delivery tickets, job reports, time sheets and other similar administrative forms
• Review and dispatch equipment according to checklist procedures
• Independently operate and trouble shoots all casing handling and cleaning equipment.
• Assist maintenance supervisor with special maintenance assignments and perform shop duties as necessary
• Must have an extensive knowledge of the Company's products and services. And Quality procedures and work instructions
• Act as trainer for Service Technicians 1, 2, 3 & 4.
• Have extensive operational and maintenance knowledge of all Company equipment including but not limited to CRT, HPU, tongs, elevator, slips, etc.
• Be the focal point between Company's representative when dealing with Operating and Drilling Contractor Personnel.
• Report any accident, incident or near miss incidents in accordance with the company's HSE Program Manual. Attend monthly HSE meetings and initiate changes to existing HSE procedures or initiate new procedures.
• Perform other assignment as directed by base manager.
• Responsible for QHSSE and EEP operations for his relevant functions.
• Accountable to safe operation of Parker Drilling and Customer (if any) Equipment in his area of operations
• Assist in load outs.
• Knowledge of products, services and equipment, knowledge on hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical controls, etc.
• Responsible for providing adequate data to complete the Reports (hours spent and parts used) for each individual Piece of equipment. Maintain the store inventory records up dated.
• Ensure that Quality Standards are met and repair work is carried out according to acceptable standards and in good workmanship.
• The thorough testing of equipment before it is released for operational work. Ensure that outgoing/incoming equipment are checked & tested according to the applicable procedures & work instructions. The base supervisor must inform if non-conformance is determined.
• Report any unforeseen repair work to the base supervisor and discuss corrective action.
• Accept any reasonable assignment as given by the department head/ Base Supervisor
Skills and Abilities
The individual should be proficient at the following general and technical skills:
• Experience with Mechanical or Electronic Applications or past experience in a similar operation ie. Rig operation or casing running activity.
• Strong operational and maintenance knowledge of equipment.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong knowledge of casing equipment and function.
• Fast learner, result oriented and independent with strong interpersonal skills.
• Possess strong customer service skills i.e. listening; follow through, willingness to help.
• Ability to adapt positively to changes in policies, procedures and priorities, or work environments
• Mechanical aptitude
An individual must have the following qualifications to perform this job successfully
• 8-10 Years minimum field proven experience in Rig Floor / Casing Handling and Running Operations with 5 years supervisory level.
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situation.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability and rapid mental coordination is required. It is required to be mentally alert for entire work schedule.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. The primary work environment is in an office. Some locations however, may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. There is potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
• Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
• Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
• Provide visible HSE leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and other required safety precautions, and do not take shortcuts or any other unnecessary risks that expose themselves or others.
• Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
• As needed, seek advice from HSE representatives.
• Authority on HSEQ grounds to stop operations or delivery of product on the existence of an immediate risk of harm to personnel or environmental pollution and damage to property.